Monday, September 1, 2014

The Pearl of the Gospel:)

Sept. 1st, 2014

Hello Hello my lovely family!
Well this was a great week, it's actually Sis. Moncur's birthday and so I don't have a ton of time to write but I want to let you know some miracles and lessons learned from another week in the Lord's service.
I think one of the biggest miracles from this week was the feeling at church! This branch is wonderful and like every branch in the world has imperfect people and has had some issues and this week we had so much love and laughing and fun at church. It was so cool. I love that I have been blessed to really stay in certain areas and build relationships and show people that I love them and care about them and want them to progress towards and in the pearl of the gospel.
It's been such a miracle that I've been able to see their progression and that I get to be a part of the work of the Lord in Poland.
I've learned a lot this week about patience with yourself  and understanding the progression principle. It can't come all at once! But It can start with one little step right now.
The Pearl of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, is just that. The Gospel. There are so many other things that it encompasses, the temple, talks and doctrine and understanding, and these things are essential! But the real pearl is that the Savior atoned for our sins, He loves us unconditionally, and we are called to repentance and to change and to greater love and greater faith so that we can grow closer to Him. I think that is such a cool idea and this week I've realized that I am like Nephi. I do not know the meaning of all things, but I know that Heavenly Father loves His children.
As I'm preparing to train Sis. Smith I've been thinking about all of the lessons I've been able to learn on my mission. I am so grateful as I'm brought back to the idea that I rely on Christ for perfection. It comes in time, after a lifetime of seeking Him and serving Him and loving Him. It comes, but not until after this life. And certainly not before I return from my mission:) It is a daily fight to be faithful, and we are to seek the kingdom of God TODAY and let tomorrow worry for itself:) This week at church I really had that strike me and I wanted to share it! Also, there is a talk from July 2014 ensign that everyone should read. It has really helped me, It's called Perfection in Christ or something like that. It's by Elder Gong. It was written by inspiration and understanding!
Yesterday was President's birthday and so we all went to the mission home and surprised him and had a BBQ! I ate funeral potatoes!!! It was so much fun to sit there and talk with the missionaries and Pres. and Sis. Edgren. I'm pretty darn blessed to be here in Warsaw and have those opportunities. I love being around these missionaries and seeing the light in their eyes! We made up a version of Follow the Prophet for Pres. Edgren, maybe a little sacrilegious but we thought it was hilarious! It came from my parents;)
I sure love you all and I know this will be a wonderful week in the service of the Lord:) Being a diligent and engaged missionary is my goal to the end. To accomplish what it was He sent me here for!
The Church is Truly from God, it is His kingdom on the earth! Not just another church, but truly His organization of people doing their best to serve Him.
I love you!
Siostra Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment