Monday, September 22, 2014

Sacrifice Brings forth Blessings:)


September  22nd, 2014
My Lovely Family!
This was a week of miracles! Sister Smith and I had a lot of opposition this week. Seriously. But I will tell you that Heavenly Father just swooped in and made miracles happen as we strove to be obedient and work hard. On Monday we were out talking with people and we met this WONDERFUL couple. They are both very believing and have such great values, and we began to share with them the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was beautiful as it made so much sense to them, they wanted to meet with us again and we are setting up a date soon! I also was able to spend some time this week practicing a song for Zone Conference. It was lovely. We sang Come Come Ye Saints, and I was brought back many times to my own family history today. It was really quite cool. I don't think it's ever meant so much to me as it means on my mission, the examples of my stalwart ancestors who sacrificed everything for the truth of the Restored Gospel. I am grateful to be a missionary and learn the law of sacrifice a little better.
We also had Zone Conference this week. It was funny because I was beginning this last week to just feel a little bit tired at weekly planning. I definitely was just going through the motions, and at Zone Conference we talked All about the importance of making goals and plans and following through on them. ON talking with Heavenly Father about them and having faith to let them come through. That was inspired to me, and I felt so much better, why? Because I remembered what I've learned so many times. It's about the people. I could care LESS if I got three new investigators or whatever, but understanding and loving and caring about three new children of God. Building relationships with them and seeing the gospel change their lives, that is why I love having new investigators. So I am thankful for that conference, it was also my last conference. Which was really sad. I love these missionaries and have come to feel so much joy in their successes!
We met with Phoung this week! She is our investigator from Vietnam! She is wonderful and deeply spiritual. I don't know anything about Buddhism, but I know that she is filled with light, and is ready to learn about the gospel in it's restored form.
Saturday was absolutely INSANE! We were literally running from lesson to lesson, but we had the chance to throw something funny in there....
It was Elder Peacock's birthday and so we were at the store figuring out what to get him... my eye caught on this Scooby Doo toy thing:) So we came up with this idea that  we would get him this toy and some biscuits( scooby snacks) and then meet them at lunch dressed ever so slightly like Scooby Doo characters. I was Velma and Sis. Smith was Fred:) It was so funny! We showed up and I put on some glasses and we just kept making some weird comments like" alright gang" and " jenkis", and finally we gave him his present and it all made sense. It gave us some good laughs and was super fun!
Scooby Doo Birthday!!!!!!
Yesterday was Ward Conference and I was stunned at the strength of these Polish Saints! They are wonderful and oh how I will miss them. They have just come leaps and bounds since when I first met them all and the church in Poland is in the hands of the Lord. That is shown by the strength these saints have. They are stellar.
This week I learned about trials in the scriptures. I was so touched by hearing of Nephi building the ship. I always thought it was interesting that Nephi tells many details of getting the ore and the metals. This time though, I caught the connection. Did Nephi know that as he was being shown by the Lord how to make the metals and the tools that the Lord was showing him how He makes men strong? How we are tried in fiery furnaces and upheld by His hand so that  He can deliver us out of our trials as brightened and sharpened tools that He can use in the building of His kingdom? I wonder. The Book of Mormon this time around reading has reminded me time and time again that the Lord delivers us, but only after helping us become who He needs us to be. Let us not forget that His hand made the billows, and His hand the wasters to destroy( Isaiah 54). This has influence me so much on my mission, nothing that we are given will be too much for us, if we only trust in the Lord.  I am certain of this, and have been showed this time and time again.
My mission has brought me more joy and understanding than I ever imagined in a lifetime. I love the Lord for letting me serve in Poland! I love these people and this country, this is His church, it is evident because of the change that it enables in the lives of those who try it's truths. It is true:)
I love you all! Have a great week!
Siostra Ali Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment