Monday, September 15, 2014

Miracles and UFO's

September 15th, 2014



Hello my dear family!!!
E-mailing is kind of weird... sending something by computer all across the world, I'm so thankful for it, but it's pretty crazy...
Sister Hemming and Smith
This weekend was the relief society conference for the Warsaw district and it was wonderful! The coolest part was that two of our investigators came, one of them is named Hanka, she's this sweet old lady who is really interested in the gospel and is progressing well! She came to church as well but we'll talk about that part later... well it was crazy because another lady that came is named Jagna. She is this wonderful mother of three kids who referred herself and is very believing! I have such high hopes for their family. We taught her this morning about the Tree of Life vision and I shared my testimony of the Book of Mormon. As soon as I started talking I was just overwhelmed with emotion at all the times in my lfie when I have felt afraid or lonely or sad or whatever and I've read that book. It calms my soul and opens my heart. It speaks peace to me and tells of a loving Heavenly Father and of our true potential as members of His family. It shares the all encompassing message of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and then at the end of leaves us with a promise, that we can know, for ourselves and not just secondhand if the book is true! If it's message is real. I have a testimony of it's truthfulness. Anyways... Jagna is so wonderful and we are hoping to meet with her whole family soon and then help them make that lovely trip to eternal marriage! I know that that is what everyone wants anyways, they just don't know where to find it.
Eating pumpkin soup! Yummy!
 I studied this morning about the Holy Ghost. If we want to live happily and have our lives directed all the time by His influence then we must align our desires to be with His. We must seek out our desires and work on them that we may have His love in our hearts and the Holy Ghost can direct us calmly and with hope to our desired destination. I am excited to look at my desires and seek that the Holy Ghost can have greater sway in my life that I may live as Heavenly Father would that I live. These are the two areas in which my testimony has grown this week.
This one will be shorter because I'm just feeling kind of e-mailed out ... but I think that I have to share this experience...
So this weekend we were with the women from the district and we had a meeting set up. She came and she is 15 and so sweet so we grabbed some young women to come in on the lesson with she and her friend. It was so cool! The lesson was wonderful and I was so proud of these young women, but at the end we invited her to pray. She was so touched and said she would pray, but she was a little afraid. Right as she began her prayer one of the young women's phones went off.. that would be bad enough, but the song was like a UFO creepy song that you'd imagine hearing on E.T. or something!!! It was hilarious!!! I couldn't even keep it in I just opened my eyes and we all laughed, after she got her phone turned off I was so grateful as the spirit rested in our hearts again and she was able to pray at the end! ha!
Then this morning I was on the deck jump roping and Sis. SMith calls me in and is like... Sister Hemming Help! I run in there and she's turned the blender on with the top off and it sprayed smoothie all over her! It was pretty funny:)
Also, this week Sis. Smith was a little sick and on Sunday she was feeling sick at church so we went out to get some fresh air and suddenly our sweet investigator Hanka come out and Barbara and they're all fussing over her and making her sit down and in like 10 minutes practically the whole branch is out there and someone's offering to call an ambulance and someone else is offering to take her to the doctor, and she's just laughing and feeling super silly:) We had to pretend we were going home for lunch break before they'd let us leave. It was sooo sweet of them.
Sis. Smith is doing so well and I"m proud of her. She is a little trooper our there working even when she's feeling sick. She's also really hilarious and we are able to laugh and have fun together. I have been SO blessed with great companions.
I love these Polish saints and all of these wonderful Polish people. They are truly my people. I feel very grateful to be in Poland!
Here are some pics!
Love ya!
Siostra Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment