Monday, September 29, 2014

That Light Groweth Brighter and Brighter until the Perfect Day:)

September 29th, 2014
Free Apple Fair!  Tons of Apples...I love the FALL!
Dzień Dobry Mój Ukochanie!
Once again, I'm totally taking up Aunt Kathy's calling people Lovey:) Because it's totally polish and she didn't even know it:)
This was a miraculous week. Seriously. This week I made a new best friend! Sister Smith and I began teaching a woman named Alina. Our lesson with her was so heaven sent for us all. She just opened up and shared with us a really sad story about her family and how she has lived a very hard life, but the whole time she has held on strong. She is a miracle. The first lesson started off a bit rocky as she pulled out all this anti stuff. Some people's religion is anti-mormon I've decided. It was interesting because she started asking us questions and then pulled out her computer as if to read something but it ended up being this movie. I was shocked at how quickly spirit warned us to turn it off. It didn't have like any images or anything, but it was just blasphemy. We told her to turn it off right away and as soon as we did so the spirit began to fill the room again. It was amazing, I know that if we listen to the spirit we will make right decisions, and it actually gave us the perfect background to talk about the things of the Spirit. If something is open, light, peaceful, loving and joyous it is of God, if it is dark, sheltered, fearful, scary or hidden it is not. That's it:) I am shocked at how much I am blessed to learn every week of my mission.
Trying on my "Ever After Dress"
Anyways, we love her! She is truly searching and super open, she has alot of questions, but that is something that has touched me so deeply is that the gospel has ALL the answers.
 We also learned this week that we should NEVER think that miracles have ceased. There is a family here in Poland who I lOVE! They are filled with wonderful and sweet women who we need in the church. But mostly from breaking the law of chastity they have slowly fallen into inactivity. This week we decided to meet with them again and try to help them in their journey( keep in mind they were very much opposed to reading the scriptures and coming to church). Well Sister Smith ,who is the ultimate teacher, shared with her some personal experiences. It opened the lesson up and she came to church on Sunday!!! Whoo hoo!!! Also, another less-active who is meant to be so strong ended up coming to church on Sunday and I was able to share with him some insight I've received during my trials as a missionary. Miracles.
Family History Board with Barbara
In all of this I am left wondrously in awe at the amazing power of the atonement of my Savior.I know that ALL that is unfair and unright in this world will be made right in the atonement of the Savior. Hearing from people every day about the things they see as being wrong in the world has only made me more in awe of the shattering burden He bore. I don't have perfect understanding, but I have faith that in Him all is overcome. I have seen it in my own life and in others. It is a miracle.
Siostra Hemming and Anna at her baptism
On Saturday this wonderful woman named Anna was baptized. It was so cool because I had heard about her( she's in the other Warsaw branch) and such, and finally a couple of weeks ago I met her, she looked at me and said, " I know you". She was someone I had found with Sis. P. a while back, and she got baptized:) Her baptism was lovely and she was glowing as she bore her testimony of being clean of sin and the Spirit's power. She said she'll be a kingdom builder;)I am being really blessed to see the fruits of my labors at the end of my mission, as some people from Kielce are also preparing for baptism. I am so grateful for this opportunity.
Well, I'm excited for another week. Sister Smith is amazing and I LOVE teaching with her. She's helping me remember too all of the fun and enjoyable things that I love:) She is a miracle for me as well at this time in my mission and life. I sure love her.
Have a good week! The Church is True. The Gospel works.
Love, Siostra Ali Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment