Monday, September 8, 2014

History Majors:)

September 8th, 2014
Dzień Dobry,
I'd write more things in polish on my e-mails but honestly I have to go into a different font and such and it's kind of a waste of time:) But anyways... back to the more important things...
Sister Hemming and Sister Smith
Sister Smith is here:) On Monday I may have haggled my way into staying by myself at the mission home with the Edgrens. It was sooo fun!!! I had comp-prayer with Sis. Edgren and just kind of sat and pondered and I prepared myself a little for training. It was really a miracle experience as I was able to talk with the Edgrens and really council with them. They are so cool! I just admire them and honestly we are going there again today because Sis. Smith has never been to the mission home and Sis. Edgren wants to see her. Anyways, on Tuesday we went to the airport and we picked up Sis. SMith! It was exciting standing at the outside of the opening doors and looking for a 4'11" girl with blonde hair and alot of bags:) She has adjusted super well and it going to do great things in Poland!!! I have to say that it has really helped me just feel right new and that Poland is the coolest place in the world. She is also a sassy history major, and since I am also going to study that I think it's pretty funny because we are really similar and get along well.
Ali's new companion Sister Smith
This week we had some great miracles. First off there is a young man named in our branch who is a wonderful member and has a powerful testimony. Testimonies are the coolest. Anyways... we have been worried about him lately because he is inactive and has been having a harder time. I've been thinking about it alot ( I feel that my focus has changed and now I'm alll about helping those who have forgotten) but basically we felt really strongly last sunday to set up a mtg. with this member family( who are REALLY hard to set up with ) and it was a miracle because we set up with them and the lesson was great, but the real miracle happened afterwards. We were walking back to the bus stop and we got on a random bus ( or not so random ) and this young man was on it! We ended up talking with him for like 40minutes as we rode back home and by the end Sis. Smith had felt to ask him to read Moses 7.. which is a lovely chapter on God's love and character... and he ended up setting up with the elders! It was sooo cool and helped me remember that Heavenly Father loves His children. We always need to remember that. Those who are straying and need lifting up will ALWAYS be helped. It's like the story of Joshua in the Work and the Glory( bear with me dad;) but he has sooo many times to choose to change and every time the Lord loves him enough to give him time and time again. It is this way and I've seen it so much on my mission. Obedience bring trust, which is what we all desire Him to have in us, but as Pres. Monson has said, His love simply is. I was grateful for this lesson this week.
Another miracle happened because I was blessed enough to really feel some love for asian people this last transfer. Well guess what??? WE got this self referall who is from TAiwan and she is amazing! She met the sister missionaries in ....... Temple Square! And she is really excited to meet this week and I can't wait either.
This was a good week. It was stressful and new and all the things that come with that, but it was filled with real miracles and the Holy Ghost. Speaking of which, I have one more miracle... yesterday we were feeling pretty dull. Sometimes this happens, but we were walking back on Nowy Swiat and I hear english... in an american accent. So I just asked this group of young people where they were from. It was so cool because we started talking and they're from all over the U.S. and are on a ship study abroad to 26 different countries! Cool:) but one of the girls was from Georgia( I want to live there someday) and she said that she's had a really hard day and she's baptist, but she went into a small empty church and prayed. Well we found them right afterwards and we talked a while and then read her a part of Ether 12:4 and she just started crying and said that she was so grateful to meet us and she knows it was from Heavenly Father. It was really cool and made me excited for member missionary work and making more relationships when I get home.
Sisters Hemming, Poklinkowska and Moncur
Speaking of relationships, I feel that has become the most important thing to me now on my mission. Building relationships and sharing what I feel and have experienced to be truth. It is great anda  work in progress:)
I love you all and have to tell grandma Bird happy birthday!!! And this week my sweet mom and aunt erika get to celebrate their birthdays. I couldn't ask for a better family! Also... Rand you looked beautiful and glowing:)
I am so grateful for my mom and I"m so thankful to be her daughter. I have learned so much about what an elect lady she is as I've been on my mission! I hope someday to become maybe half as patient, upbeat and faithful as is my mother;)
z miłością!
Siostra Hemming
 

No comments:

Post a Comment