Monday, August 25, 2014

The Mission Home:)

August 25th, 2014

Hello my dear family!
This week I started off e-mails by reading all of the ones I received. I definitely had a mini freak out as I saw all of my good friends home and also some of them preparing to leave the mission field, honestly it is sad but also so good! I know that their lives are changed from their choices to serve a mission. The first best decision you will ever make is to serve a mission! The second best one is to serve it well:)
It's a pretty huge miracle to me that I am a missionary in Poland! This week I got new companions( actually just some old best friends) and met some wonderful new missionaries. I know that my sadness at saying goodbye to my best friends from the mission was totally swallowed up in the Lord as I went to the mission home on Tuesday to meet some new missionaries! I LOVE this mission. The feeling at the mission home was wonderful and I was able to drive over there with the APs.( Elder Caskey, Elder Brown and Elder Fotu!) I named them because I have served with all of them at some point in my mission. It was so cool that almost all of the sisters from my group were there as well! Beautiful and lovely sisters:)
Okay... so I just went and played football with the elders for P-Day:) Yep... I'm pretty much pro now;) But It was fun and now I'm back. Speaking of football, I need to let everyone know how proud I am of my Heathie! I know that sometimes things come up in life that we didn't expect, but after the fact, we discover that Heavenly Father really needed us to experience that thing for the better of our future. I feel really strongly that this is evidence of Heavenly Father protecting my family while I'm gone. You all look so beautiful as you go out for school.
Well we saw some real miracles this week. I am trying to be aware of the small instances where the Lord's hand is shown in my missionary life, and it has really made a difference! We received 2 referrals this week! I can't even believe how wonderful it is that I have seen so many referrals lately. They're kind of like a little missionary pay-check. The woman we visited is wonderful and I"m excited to see what happens.
Also, the new missionaries came in and I was so blessed to spend some time with Sis. Benson on an exchange. It was fun because we were able to talk about my family and her family and I think it helped both of us as she was feeling the "new missionary" pressures and I was looking forward to the excitement for the work.
This was a great week! I want everyone to know one thing. This week I really tried and was blessed with specific topics to study for personal study. I felt so prompted to study "As sisters in Zion" and about our personal worth to Heavenly Father. As I specifically prayed to my Heavenly Father He blessed me to know where to go to find answers and I had wonderful experiences. One of them was this... as I was learning about personal worth I read in the Young Woman book( wonderful thing;) Right as I finished I got a phone call from Sis. Durrant( office sister) and she said that my mom e-mailed her for some medical stuff and she told me that my mom said she loved me and that Heavenly Father sent her a wonderful daughter. That was a miracle for me! Our prayers are answered. I invite you all to sincerely seek for a topic when you study and then think it out in prayer. I know that your studies will be truly filled with light and understanding.
I can't wait for another week! I sure love you and and wish you a good week!
Siostra Ali Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment