Monday, June 2, 2014

"Three is NOT a crowd!"

My lovely sisters! We are the luckiest companionship in the World!!
June 2nd, 2014

Hello Hello my Lovely Family!!!
Sisters Hemming, Blake, Poklinkowska
Sister Blake asked me the other day what are the special things I think Heavenly Father has given me to help me know of His love. The Savior, and His atonement, the gospel, and MY FAMILY came to my mind. I want you all to know that you are just the sweetest family in the world! I brag about you all the time to everyone! Dad's spiritual power, Mom's selflessness, Rori's willingness to give, Heathi's deep sense of who he is, Harmi's kind heart, Olivia's patience, and Talia's sweet spirit! I love you all:)
This week I was able to participate in training from MLC on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was such a miracle! On Tuesday the Spirit was able to speak through me and I felt SO much power as I testified about being an engaged missionary, with a change of heart. Then on Wednesday I went back to my Polish home in Kielce! Oh how I love that city. I couldn't wait to step foot on Sienkiewicza. I am loving Warsaw more every day but I have to say that Kielce is my home away from home. I got to talk with President Najberg and he told me that Karina is coming for sure in June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ania Trybel as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait;) it will be similar( I imagine) as the day when we get to see all of our loved ones and friends and brothers and sisters after this life . I love these people so much! I was so grateful to be there and realize that I came to know who I am in that city and who all of God's children are. What a blessing to serve among these lovely Poles!
Back in Kielce!!!
Then we were place into a threesome! I have to admit that I was a bit nervous at first, I've gotten used to being senior companion and " set in my ways;" but WE LOVE IT! IT is a wonderful opportunity. It has really helped me to be myself ! It is like having your two best friends with you, but all you talk about and do is for the work of the Lord, I can't imagine anything better! Except being in that situation with my husband:) Anyways, we have loved it!
Warsaw!! So beautiful!!
We took our culture night this Saturday and it was so fun! We ate at this little french cafe... yep;) and then we went to a picturesque park nearby and took some pictures. I am so grateful we are allowed to experience the culture at night here! I thought often and long this week about how blessed I am to be in Poland. I am really loving my mission and everything associated with it. I think that is the best part about loving someone or something, you have to love it for the good and the bad, but I think that if you really love it, the good is SO much stronger and bolder than the bad and so you hardly even know it's there. I think my mission has been the most beautiful experience.
Imitating this statue:)
This week a lovely investigator named Teresa is getting baptized!!! Sis. Blake and Owen taught her but we love her as well! Another miracle happened this week as we met with a lady named Magda and she accepted a baptismal date for the 5th of July! She is so sweet and has strong faith in the Savior. Also on Sunday 70 people were at church, including 6 investigators and one of them was Elżbieta!!! She just up and came to church, yay! It is a miracle because the most this branch has had a in a long time was 60:) Miracles. President Edgren was also there and I got to have an interview with him. I sure do love he and sister Edgren. They are a wonderful example of two people who are go getters with realistic expectations! I hope to take some of their traits with me;)
Chopin and Me....
Today I just want to say that I am so grateful for the wonderful example my parents have given me of a wonderful marriage and eternal companionship. I love you both so much, and I know that Love Stories are real because of you. I am so grateful that I got the VERY best parents for me in the whole world. Today in Studies I read Alma 50 : 19 and 22, I thought about how the Lord always keeps His promises, if we are faithful. I felt prompted to look at my patriarchal blessing and list off my promised blessings. I am so blessed. I am so grateful to be me! One of my blessings is my family, and I thought back on all of the wonderful memories I have had in my life, and would encourage you all to do the same. My Heart swelled with gratitude for my family and the experiences with them. For my experiences with prayer and my Heavenly Father, my knowledge of My Savior, and the blessing of serving a mission of Love for Him:) I am truly blessed.
I hope you all have a lovely week. Especially my parents and my sweet little Talia!!! Happy Birthday Talia!!!!!!! I can't believe she's so old and soooo cute. I can't wait to hug her and tell her how much I love her!
Have a great week!
Love, Siostra Ali Hemming;)

No comments:

Post a Comment