Monday, June 16, 2014

The Eagle Has Landed:)

President Uchtdorf Conference!! Happy reunion with members!!!


June 16th, 2014
Hello my lovely family!!!
I hope you had a wonderful week, from the sounds of it you played and served each other:) I love you all so much!
This week I'm going to give you a rundown of the few days during Pres. Uchtdorf conference~!
On Friday night Sis. Barth and Whitely came and stayed with us, we pulled out the hide-a-bed and had a sleepover. It was fun:) Then on Saturday we woke up and went to the kaplica to clean up and make sure everything was ready for Pres. Uchtdorf. There was also a baptism...so we filled the font up almost all the way and then proceeded to boil water and heat up our chinik ( tea pot) to make the water bearable. During this time I decided to fast so that I could really feel the Spirit, and Sis. Blake and i studied and went out contacting while we waited for the othe missionaries to get there. Then all the missionaries started showing up... it was crazy! We all greeted each other and laughed and hugged and then we went into the chapel and waited ( we had choir practice) while Pres. Uchtdorf was arriving. When he came in the spirit was immediately felt. It was so beautiful.
Ali with lovely Karina:)
He came in and with his sweet wife and then had all of us go in a line to shake their hands. He was so personable and asked everyone where they were from and their name. He really cared. I was so grateful for that. i told Sis. Uchtdorf about her book and it's help in my life and I was so grateful because she just hugged me and was so kind! I love them! Then we sat down and listened to some wonderful general authorities and their wives speak. They are such humble and sincere people. One of them was from Rome! I have always wanted to go there and even more so now, they were so kind and sweet and I loved them! Then President Uchtdorf spoke to us, he talked about so many things, but the ones that really stuck out were Letting each day be like the rising and setting sun. Talk with the Lord at the close of the day. Tell Him all the good and be grateful, and then speak about the bad, seek forgiveness, and show your love by willingness to change. Then go to bed. The next day have a new day, don't rehash all the previous day's bads, but rather be excited for the next days goods! I loved that. He also said.... Time flies, and you're the captain. Considering his flight experience I really loved that. He talked about family and how much he loves his wife, and he told us to make sure that we always work with deep diligence! That is how the missionaries found his wife. Fourth floor, last door! So cool. I felt super inspired to know that the Lord trusts me to do His work. What a blessing I have been given!
Ali with her beautiful Kielce members!!!
Then we went and had a lesson and went out tracting for a few hours. At our own fourth floor, last door we found a family who weren't quite ready to learn more but were so sweet! I love them so much! The next day we got to the Marriot early and were practicing for a song when I saw my Kielce saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dropped everything and ran to them and hugged them all! Ania Trybel came without her kids and karina brought Wiktoria and Artur! he looked so old;) Unfortunately some things happened and I couldnt' take a ton of pictures but I had someone else take them and so I will send you those later. During that whole meeting I sat with these saints and Sis. Barth and was so grateful to be with my little Poland family. I have a real desire to always keep in contact with them, and also to build those relationships in other branches. It ended too fast and was so wonderrful. President Uchtdorf talked with everyone about so many things, but most importantly about love and unity in a family and in our branches. He is a servant of the Lord, and his presence was a powerful source for good. Seeing all the Polish saints was a miracle as well, and they all have so much faith and sacrifice. One lady from Kraków quit her job so that she could come! Oh My! I love these Polish people.
My mission kind of flashed before my eyes! It was a great picture. It was a lot of people who I love and have served and a lot of lessons learned, and most importatnly I felt joy that I could have been so blessed to have been here. The best part is it's not over! I'm the captain of my time:)
This week I don't have a ton of time because I wanted to write a loving message to my dad:) This Father's Day I really wanted to focus on letting him know how much I care about him, he is the best dad in the whole world! I have proof! And I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father who has blessed me to learn the lessons that I needed and also to feel His love and acceptance. What a blessing I have been given from Him on this Father's Day! I'd better go and tell His children;)
I want to tell Grandpa Bird and Grandpa Lane how much I love them this father's day. My Family is so blessed and I truly stand all amazed at my blessings!
I love you all so much!
Love, Siostra Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment