Monday, June 9, 2014

The Utility Belt.....

June 9th, 2014
 
Hello Hello! Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! I thought about that yesterday, how grateful I am that my parents were married in the temple and that I get to be with my family for time and all eternity!
This week we were talking about all of the tools we as missionaries have to help others come unto Christ. I decided it's like batman's utility belt;) We are prepared, by the Spirit, to say and give and testify and wait in the right way for every child of God! What a miracle!
Our sweet Teresa was baptized this week! She was the other sister's investigator for a while and we were able to teach her for the past couple of weeks and she is prepared and understands the principles of the gospel so well. As I was reflecting on my mission while we were preparing her this week, I become aware of all of the experiences I have had to strengthen and better understand so many facets of the gospel. Baptism and Repentance are so vital, and I never understood why before my mission. I am eternally grateful for the experiences I have had on my mission!
Teresa's baptism came with a lot of miracles! She came in on Friday and really wanted to get baptized in a dress... crumbs! So we went searching around in the font( yep... the ONLY one in Poland!!!! narazie:) and what do you know, there was a dress! Next miracle... we really felt prompted to meet with one of our members before the baptism. When we sat down she said" why do you want to meet with me?" we were a little nervous , but then she quickly responded to her own question " I know why you wanted to meet with me, becuase Heavenly Father needed me to know that He listens to my prayers and I am never alone". When she said that statement I felt the powers of Heaven give me a message. It was litteraly like a wall of the Spirit just hit me in that meeting. I know that Heavenly Father is there and He sends us help often through other people. Let us ALWAYS be open to listen to His Spirit. She was baptized and took upon herself the name of Christ! It was so lovely.
We also taught a family! This family is a sweet and intelligent couple. The wife is pregnant and they are sincerely seeking truth! Because of this I am certain that the Spirit will testify to them.
This week I learned a SUPER lovely lesson! Setting Goals is the key to progression physically, mentally, and especially spiritually. We sisters were having a rougher day this week and sat down and thought about what we needed to do in our lives to feel the Spirit more strongly. Suddenly This cotton tree started blowing TONS of cotton through the air directly at us. It was a lovely experience I shall never forget as we were "snowed on" by sweet smelling cotton. I knew in that moment that we needed to be grateful. Gratititude is key. So I set a goal to live more in Gratitude. Then at home that night we were talking and we decided to set some goals for teh next transfer. I really sought that out and discovered that the kind of goals I want to set don't only affect my mission, but my eternities. I am learning about the Savior that my banner may be clear!! I want my face and my deeds and my whole soul to shout " I am Thy servant"!!! As I thoguht about that today I realized that I couldn't be doing anything better to prove that than what I am right now! I am so grateful for my mission:)
Today I re-read the book by Sis. Uchtdorf as I'm trying to prepare for President Uchtdorf to come! I love that woman! I love how she talks about enthusiastically living the Gospel! That is how it should be:) The gospel has brought me greater happiness and self-worth and peace on my mission than ever before in my life! It has also brought me greater love for others and the Lord. What a blessed thing! She was truly inspired to write that book, and I love being a missionary and truly sharing the light that I have been blessed with." Brighter and brighter until the perfect day". While I was reading this I felt so strongly that there are more people searching for this very thing in Warsaw who are prepared. I can't wait to find them!
I wanted to give you a little sneak peek of my life;)
We woke up today and worked out, then we listened to Alex Boye as we made vegan pancakes( yep.... they were so good!) We had a wonderful study time as a companionship after studying by ourselves. We just laugh and cry and share our testimonies and talk about how to help others for an hour! Miracle:) Then I spoke and learned Polish ( the most beautiful language !) and then we came here. After this we are going to Sis. Edgren's to help her prepare for the new missionaries! I sure love that woman;) Tonight we will go contacting and then to a lesson.
Missionary life is wonderful.
so.... now for the big news... we are having transfers and guess what is happening..
I'm staying with Sis. Blake in Warsaw and Sis. Poklinkowska is staying in a new area in Warsaw with a new companion! ahhhh! I can't believe this. President called and said he likes what's going on and doesn't want to change it! I kind of can't believe it's real, I just love these sisters. But I know it is for the Lord's purpose, and I can't wait to fulfill it.
Well... I will report next week on the wonderful Pres. Uchtdorf conference! I cannot wait:) I hope you all have a good week. I hope Talia loves being 5, that you go skiiing alot, and camping every weekend( at least on the deck;) and family scripture study and prayers!~ I hope you all know how much you mean to me and what a wonderful, blessed family I have been blessed with!
Love you all!
Siostra Ali Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment