Monday, June 23, 2014

Faith, Seeking in Diligence with Lowliness of Heart:)


June 23rd, 2014
My Darling Family!
I loved seeing those sweet pictures! I sure do love you all. Right off the bat I'll have to tell you that today is a bit of a harder day. Sometimes those happen, but you've just got to serve others and trust in the Lord through it all. I am so grateful to be able to talk with you about this week and remind myself of all the blessings that Heavenly Father has given me during it all! Sister Blake and I had a wonderful week! We started it off making some great goals, it was wonderful because as we went outside to work after making them, I realized that I was fully expectant that the Lord would accomplish them. And He did~! We me this wonderful lady who had met the missionaries before but for whatever reason stopped meeting with them... we taught about the Gospel of Christ and she accepted baptism! People are so prepared! We had so many miracles that day of so many people who wanted to learn about the gospel and were interested in the message.. I even talked to an interested nun... :)
I have seen Heavenly Father's hand reach out and bless my life and the lives of those around me so much this week. I have felt it in prayer, and then seen it in results. We met this wonderful lady on the tramwaj the other day and she gave us her adress to go out to her dziaƂka( a random spot of land with a cute house on it:) It was pretty hard to find and we were just walking around and it was a little chilly and Sis. Blake said... Let's ask this house if they know them... well guess what... It was them!!! it was so cool, the mom was not there at the time, so we got their numbers and decided to come back, but I was so grateful and it was a real miracle! I think the most important thing is really just recognizing the miracles as they come. Acknowleding the Lord's hand.
I am striving in my discussions with people to really speak what I believe and to really get on a good level with them. I know that this will help them see that I am a real person and that this gospel has changed my life. It is real and has real power! I read in the Book of Mormon in 1 Nephi 2:19. Nephi is searching that he may know the things that his father said were true. It lead me to think about those kind of experiences I've had in my life. I remember being really young and desiring to know for myself as well that these things were true. I remember seeking out in prayer to know if these things were true, that has happened multiple times in my life. When I look at if from a distant standpoint, I can see that it is like a huge pyramid. The Lord is preparing every one of us so that we can withstand and hold strong to our faith. It started out with knowing that Heavenly Father exists and that He loves me. This has been reiterated to me again and again over the course of my life. In the love in my family, in nature, in peace, in hope, in other people. This is the kind of faith that all mankind can have, not even mattering to what church they belong. Then it gets a little bit more personal... I know and have felt many times in my life the peace and overwhelming power of the atonement of my Savior. His life, what it means to me, His love, and His willingness to hold strong in every circumstance, to give all He had to His Father, and His deep and powerful love, even to the removing of sins of all people. Only those who are Christian understand this particular point, and even that gets more and more clear and deep as we know more and more about Him through modern revelation. I know that in every single instance where I need help and peace and where I want to experience deeper joy, I can always do two things... read the Book of Mormon and pray. The Book of Mormon coupled with sincere prayer has changed my life. I know who I am! I am confident in the Savior, I understand His doctrine, and this book includes inside of it power unto the humbling of souls, it contains the words of Life. It testifies of Christ. This book was translated by a prophet in our day! Joseph Smith sincerely sought with faith and real intent to know the character and the path of God. He sought it out in deep prayer and pondering. I know that he had a vision, was called as a prophet, and then translated the Book of Mormon in God's power. Jesus Christ restored His church through this young man, who was humble enough to be a tool in the Lord's hands, and faithful and noble enough to resist all the doubts that were had among others. I love the Prophet Joseph Smith! Because of His willingness, the church was restored! Because of this, I know who I am, I know the fullness of the plan of salvation. I know about eternal families, about free-agency, I know about the love of God. I understand scripture, I don't seek in false places for false imitations of happiness. I know where true happiness lies. Mankind can be lead to live with a great purpose of becoming like the Savior, and at the same time becoming like God. They can be lead to know of their eternal potential, of their divine qualities, of the great love that enabled the atonement. They can be lead to understand all of the blessings of making good choices, making and keeping sacred covenants, and living with God forever someday!
Yesterday at church we were super blessed and had a lot of people there!!! Miracles! People come out of the woodwork, seeking for change and hoping that this is where they can find it! I love it:) After church we were able to go the Dressler's and have dinner, I have not been so full in such a  long time! We had soup, and then enchiladas( YUM!!!) and then we had ice cream and cake and we were so full:) It was so fun and I was in awe at their testimonies, at their love an strength and their willingness to give so much to the Lord. It is a miracle and I sure do love them. He is the district president and she is a wonderful member who loves missionary work! I sure love these people!
I am certain of the truth of these things, and I felt prompted to testify of them today. Families are forever, God's love is eternal and everlasting, we as mankind are nothing in comparison to God, but everything to Him, His Son is the Great Redeemer.
I love you all! Love, Siostra Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment