Monday, March 3, 2014

The Big City Girl:)

March 3rd, 2014

Hello my lovely family!
This week was crazy! Saying goodbye to my little Kielce and embarking on a trip to a new big city! Crazy:) I cried alot. Poor Sister Owen, I just love these people and I felt very overwhelmed with leaving them all! But... They will be safe and well. I got to Warsaw and LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! I got off the train and saw all of the missionaries and all of the people and I was done;) I think that it has reawakened myself as a missionary. I think for sometime as a missionary I was trained to do things this way or think that way or whatever, and I have finally felt that I am able to take all of those things and also take the traits of myself and put them into the work.. does this make sense? I can explain. I love cultures and language and I love being here in Poland, but I think I forgot where I was until I landed in Warsaw again and saw all of the history and the fun of Europe. It has helped me understand and love them so much more.
Sister Stratton is my new companion and I love her! SHe is a little funny spitfire and reminds me of Rori a bit. Who is 17! I think I'm still 17 so this isn't really making alot of sense to me;) I Miss my Rors and so it's been so fun! She was trained Completely Differently than I work as a missionary, and so we've been figuring that out, but we are doing it well. I have worked on  the streets alot this week. Normally in Kielce we hit a point where we had enough lessons that we usually went from lesson to lesson or something like that, but here it is a bit tougher right now. But I am grateful for that... I feel like a better missionary when I'm really sacrificing things out there on the streets. At first it was a bit tricky because the people are harder to catch, but I'm working on that and loving it! We have met some super cool people and the best part is... THERE'S A REAL LIFE CHAPEL here! It is beautiful! I love to get off the tramwaj and tell everyone I'm talking to that we have a chapel right there!! Oh it is so cool.
The branch here is great, and I love them. They seem to be  a little more closed off than Kielce probably because they've been here for so long. I met them and they were wonderful and so helpful and I can't wait to help them all feel the love of missionary work! We found some new investigators this week, but for now haven't met with them yet. I think I'll share my little e-mail to president because I think it outlines how I feel:)
Drogi Prezydencie,
I am so grateful that I am called to be here in Warsaw. I LOVE it:) IT is a wonderful place filled with hope and intelligence and people searching for greater purpose. I was nervous of all expected of me... but upon arriving I realized that the Lord's expectations of me are the same... Obedience, Faith, Love. I was so grateful for that revelation and immediately got to work. We were on the streets a lot this week, but it helped me feel more obedient and dedicated and I loved it! I can't lie... it has been harder for me to find people here than normal, to get them to stop... but I know that the Lord is teaching me and I am trying to learn more effective ways to contact here.
Sister Stratton is wonderful! She simpy does what she knows is right and doesn't put up pretenses, I love it:) She and I get along really well and I think she is ready to learn from me and I am learning from her. I can't lie..going to church was a miracle! THere's a CHapel!!! THe people are wonderful and need a boost, and I am dedicated to search and find those to build the kingdom!
I have pondered alot on my desires and my purpose. On what I can become better at this transfer. I can't wait for Zone Conference to help show me the way. To put things to action, trust in the Savior and put my doubts and sins aside! As Sister training leader I really would like to be a wonderful example of joy in the work! Of Faith in Success and Love of the Savior. Of finding people because I love them, not because I want to be on a list. Of Having lessons to help the people and build them up, to come to a knowledge of the Savior instead of just so that I don't have to be out. THis is my goal:) It's going to be a great week!
Love you all! Have a great week!
Love, Siostra Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment