Monday, March 17, 2014

"Oh...she is my dear my darling one"!



March 17th, 2014
 
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I hope you all watched the Quiet Man. And Darby O'Gill!!! We were going to buy something green... but we didn't;)
Beautiful Warsaw!!
I have had a good week. Kind of crazy becuase one of the sisters in our area has been sick and so she had to come join us while she did some tests!
It started out with a great P-Day! We went and saw the city and it's beautiful!!! We are so lucky:) Then we saw miracle after miracle this week!
We met this crazy wonderful lady from Nigeria!!! She is living alone here in Poland with her daughter and we ended up helping her move from her house to another house here in Warsaw with the elders. It was so funny because they wouldn't let us in her area so we stood outside with the elders while it POURED rain on us! Sister Stratton and I had a relief society activity that day so we showed up with wet hair smelling like wet dog;) I Love it! hahaha! We had a great week! This lady calls us her Sisters, and tells everyone about us and says that we are her sisters!!! I love people from other cultures. There is also this family in our branch whose father is from Mexico and he and his wife me in Mexico. They are the sweetest and most smiley people!!! Anyways... sufficeth it to say that I can't wait to just travel the world serving people( I know... dream big;) But I love all of Heavenly Father's children!
We had a killer day on Tuesday. We didn't even have to wear coats! It was sooo warm. Then it has gotten progressively colder until today where it's pretty freeezing! But I really can't complain at all. We have had such a wonderful winter.
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Our branch is one of the oldest in Poland. We have the only chapel and I promise to take a picture and send it to you next time, because It is SO beautiful!!! I love to point it out to people. So blessed. This week we saw a video of the relief society in Poland from the 1980's to the end. It was so fun. The work here is growing, but we need to see it grow in Warsaw, as most of the strong members have been members for 20 years. I know the Lord is preparing the way, now we just need to find those who will build His kindgdom!
Sister Stratton.. my companion. She is from Bountiful Utah. Her family is active in the church and she is so awesome! She is funny and clever and really smart. Math people, I hate math;) We get along really well. She is the only sister right now who is training, and so she is the youngest and came with a group of elders;) She loves the members and is so sweet! She has already taught me alot about my weaknesses and also my strengths. That's the cool thing about having so many wonderful companions. We are really focusing on not getting down on the work at all, but on just loving the people and giving our all. On not letting satan get us down! Obedience is key!!!
The good things of Warsaw list... the only chapel! the branch. the members. the buildings. the history. they speak beautiful polish. the colors. the variety of people. the drive for better things. the missionaries.
the bad things... mostly just the fact that there are drunk people on the streets. I really hate alcohol. Like alot.
I can't believe how quickly time flies! This week we are going to work hard and see some really good results. We need to find some new people. I am so glad you could talk to Pres. Jaggard. His family is from America and he served a mision here and he and his wife have lived here for five years. Dedicated people! He is really funny so I think what he said is funny too. I am sad about that... but I think I will just try and find some new face wash and stuff and you don't need to worry about sending me a package;) I am fine and have all I need. Except I really need the family history of James and Elizabeth. And if Dad is still sending me some of his notes on teh Book of MOrmon that would be great!
WARSAW!!!
I learned this week so much about change. And forgiveness. And so much about family and love. I can't believe how blessed I am to be in the family I am in! I am so lucky! I just was overwhelmed by my blessings this week and feel so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who has given us so much. I know that even in our darkest hour He has backups of people, sun rays and beautiful new beginnings. He is All Powerful and All KNowing. He is the Father of our Spirits and He loves us more than we comprehend. This I know. I know He lives. I just keep thinking about how the Book of Mormon is the keystone, because a man can become more like Christ by reading and abiding by it's principles than by any other book. ( said Joseph Smith) I can't wait to share it! Also... I learned that one way God shows His love to His children is by callling prophets. Makes sense!!
Have a Good Week family I love! MOm, rest up, and know how much I love you. YOu have done so much good for me, and even though the package was stolen it meant so much to me that you sent it! And gave me your hat... bummer. But I love you!!! Keep being the wonderful woman you are!
Much love, Siostra Hemming!

No comments:

Post a Comment