Monday, March 24, 2014

Not so Springy:(

March 24th, 2014

Hello my Lovely Family!
This was a really good week. And also one of the hardest of my mission. It's interesting what you said mom about being hammered by satan, I also felt similarly. We have been struggling with seeing alot of him in the world recently, but I have been studying alot about hope and have learned that that is why we must have our Faith! Faith in the Savior and in His Joy! The rest of the world can look pretty dark, but as was said in recent liahona, if He is our Anchor than HOpe is the Anchor of our Souls! What a beautiful expression. That is so true!
We started out the week with a less-active lesson! She was doing so well, reading and praying and feeling so much better, I could see it in her eyes. But then we had another lesson with her and she was really down about the work and about Poland in general and the Lord's influence here. Sister Stratton and I talked about it alot and we see that if you focus on all the bad then of course it looks rather crummy, but if you see the good in people, then suddenly the light enters in. It's so funny how two people can be living in the same world and yet see things completely differently. I think that is based on attitude, focus, and Anchors. As we searched for the good in our week we found SO MUCH! These people are prepared and so good and want to much to be their best. I love Poles!
We are meeting with a woman named Anna who is so wonderful! I know that she is one of the reasons Sister Stratton and I are together right now! We are so blessed and lucky to know her! She is progressing and has a baptismal date! She will be a baptized on May 3rd:) ( the day avengers came out...) We are really excited for her, and have encouraged her to ask the Lord some very specific questions. Her husband died 20 years ago and she was so close to him, I know that as she prays to know his feelings towards this that the Lord will answer with a huge Yes! I love family History! We did a family History whiteboard and so many people were interested in it! It is something the whole world has in common. This desire to know where we come from, and why we are here. I love Love LOve the plan of salvation! We were talking with Anna about mothers being able to raise their children in the eternities and it made such a difference for her. Oh how much joy the gospel brings if lived accordingly. That is another lesson I have learned. The Gospel and the church and all it's teachings are so powerful! They are from God, but they are kind of like paints. If used as meant to be, they can create something beautiful out of our lives, but if we just leave them there they are just paints, or principles, interesting and curious but they won't change us. Faith without works is truly dead. There is a quote from a talk entitled "four missionaries" it is wonderful! It says that "We make out of our lives a smudge, the Lord makes out of us a masterpiece."
I know this is true. I'm sorry today's e-mail will be shorter but I want you all to know how much I love you. I know for a fact that the atonement is real, that we are incontrol of our lives, and that the world is a wonderful beautiful place! Filled with small flecks of gold:) If added up they create an army for good. I love you all so much! Keep on loving the wonderful flecks of gold moments and apply those Gospel Paints. Let the brush be in the Hand of the Lord and strive to be a clean, clear canvas. I truly believe that we are all masterpieces, but we must allow ourselves to become so.
Love,
Siostra Ali Hemming:)

No comments:

Post a Comment