Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring, Spring, Spring, (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers)

Evelina!
Um..I may have spilled some nail polish..then stepped on it and made some tracks!!
March 10th, 2014
 
Hello my lovely family:) I LOVE the 5th wheel! I can't wait to go camping, It feels like Spring here! /Don't worry, I'm not a bride, but I feel like every time springtime hits I begin to think of my family and the lovely traditions that are created during Spring! I love the feeling of out with the old and in with the new! I am grateful I can experience that in Warsaw! On the way to church there were birds singing and I just sat and had flashbacks of spending the most wonderful times with our family at Grandma and Grandpa Hemming's house, while we hunted for eggs and laughed and ate a lot of great food and watched conference, basketball and Quigley Down Under;) And of Course Seven Brides for Seven Brothers even though grandpa hates it! He's such a good sport:) hahaha! I am so grateful for going to Grandma and Grandpa Birds and enjoying spiritual discussions about the Savior and the Armour of God( Still remember that one!) stealing cookies from the cookie jar, and being terrible at playing basketball.  have had such a blessed life and I am so grateful.
I love Warsaw. I am a city girl!!!! I love to see the big buildings and all of the culture here and experience the beauty of it all. I especially love the branch! This week was so good and also pretty hard. It started off well and we saw some miracles as we're teaching this wonderful former who lost her husband but is so prepared for the gospel! It was Women's day on Thursday but she said her husband told her that anyone who is smart knows that Every day is Women's Day:) I like him! I can just picture him prepared on the other side, and begging her to take that next step!
We had Zone Conference which was wonderful and filled with the Spirit. They showed us the relation between 1 Nephi 1 and the Joseph Smith Story, and really any story of the calling of any prophet. I encourage you all to do that if you haven't! I never had and it was so beautiful how Heavenly Father from the beginning of time has shown us a sure pattern of Love among His children by calling prophets! I love it!
Ali with her sweet Karina!!
 
Wonderful family!!
We then had a really interesting experience on Wednesday. Without going into to much detail on of our new converts came to meet with us and ended up praying in some wierd tongues and just doing some rather odd things. Sister Stratton and I didn't know what to do but we felt the Spirit leave really quickly. So I offered to pray and then we went out and grabbed the A.P.'s and asked them to give her a blessing. After that alot was  better, and we were so excited to see her in church on Sunday! Unfortunately, the package you sent me was in one of the rooms with missionary supplies and during sacrament meeting she got up and stole it and then ran away. yep. that's a first:) So... I tried to call her and tell her that it was okay, that I wasn't mad but would really just like the letters at least, becuase I miss my family, but she kept saying that she didn't have it and that she only had a package from her aunt. Sister Stratton saw her with it in her bag, and so we came to the conclusion that she might have a slight mental disorder. I admit I was a little bit frustrated, mostly because I love those letters from my family, but I read a talk by President Uchtdorf this morning about Love. Love of God and all men, and I know that her salvation is SO much more important than my package, so I hope that everything works out well for her. But anyways... I know that Heavenly Father will provide for her especially if it's something in the mind. All I keep thinking is what would my mom do.. and I think usually I just picture you laughing and saying .. OKay! Let's keep going;)
So I did... and we had some crazy awesome miracles!
After Church we were talking about the work in Poland and how it is ready, and the Lord is preparing people. I have made a promise that I will keep the faith in the work here.. and I admit that yesterday was a bit hard. But, we ate a good lunch, forgot ourselves and went to work. Good thing I didn't have too long of a pity party because on the tramwaj there was a lady standing next to us. It was crazy crowded but I had a distinct impression to talk to her. So I told her about the Book of Mormon, and she said she wasn't interested. I just counted it down as one of the " are you going to follow this prompting" promptings... but then after the ride she tapped me on the shoulder and asked if we could talk. We ended up taking her to the office and having a lesson right there! She said she's having a really hard time in her life and saw something in me. She said she knew that she needed to talk to me and that I could help her!!!!! We told her it was the light of Christ, that God loved her and that He could help her.I LOVE my LIfe:) It is so good. We taught her that we are all children of God, and the Spirit was strong:) Then... we were contacting in Old Town and I saw this girl looking pretty grumpy.... so I went upto talk to her. She said she doesn't speak POlish, and I said..." Oh, that's good! Me either:)" And She just started crying. Right then and there. She said she was lost, she's from Ireland and was just with her husband but got seperated and had no map, no money and no phone. She said she'd been trying to find someone who spoke english. I was SO grateful to help! We got her to her husband and wished her well, and along the way shared a bit about why we're here and gave her our card. I am so grateful to have been an answer to two prayers! Also, to have served someone.
Anyways. I l've learned alot this week about pondering the eternities. Every night I lay in bed by a huge window and look up at the stars and try and contemplate a little more what I'm doing and Whose work I'm doing. I am so grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father allowed me to come to Poland and that He can work through imperfect things like me to serve His children. I am so grateful to be created in His image. The blessings I had before my mission overwhelm me, and the blessings I have now just awe me. I truly do Stand All Amazed. Life is so good.
I love you all so much. I hope you know that I pray for you nightly and plead for your well being. Rori, you look beautiful, and happy. Livi and Talia look the Same! I'm so grateful for that;) As always I have the most wonderful parents in the whole world! Thank you for all you do!
Love Love Love
Siostra Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment