Monday, February 3, 2014

I LOVE KIELCE!!!!

February 3rd, 2014
 
Hello my family!!! First off, this week has flown by. I feel very odd that it's almost Valentine's Day... they celebrate it here by the way... but they say it in English so that's wierd. I can't believe you all have Valentines!! You're too young;) just kidding... I definitely remember Harmie giving me that little rose. What a miracle of a family I have. I don't know if I'll ever comprehend how blessed I am. Rors, don't worry! I remember being crazy busy with the play but loving it so much! What a great experience. I can't wait to see more pictures... Karina's family was part of the circus... she was a snake charmer. literally. I can't think of a worse job:) hahaha! But her brother and mother and dad alll work as acrobats ( I always think of Robin and how his family were acrobats, and it makes me scared for them :) sorry, enough with the Batman references...
Anyways... This was a great week. We have been blessed with a lot of miracles and a ton of new investigators so we were trying to figure out how we could help those new investigators progress. We have been praying for what to teach them and how to help them and it has been a miracle! They are such wonderful women. I remember praying and praying for families in Kraków and nothing... then I get to Kielce and they come out of the woodwork! The women we are teaching right now all have these amazing life experiences and hard times. One of our investigators had a cousin die this past week. I am so grateful for the ability I have to understand. We talked for a long time about the plan of Salvation and it was a miracle for me to see how it can help answer those deep questions we all have. I have been pondering on the plan alot this week. I am so grateful for the revelations of the Prophet Joseph Smith and all the prophets that have ever been on the earth and how they have helped me understand what happened in the life before, who I was, and what will happen next. We are so blessed to know what we know.
All was going well this week and then Saturday hit! We both woke up feeling awful and have been sick since then. It is a lot better now but I am dying to get out and work! There is something so powerful about interacting with others and giving them that message and light which is most precious to you. Saturday night I had a really high fever and wasn't sleeping so I got up and prayed that if I needed to be in church the next day that I would be able to. ( One of our awesome ladies said she'd be coming for her first time) I realized that Heavenly Father loves them more than I do and I didn't need to worry, whatever needed to happen for their good would happen:) So Sunday morning we felt pretty well! It was a miracle we went to church and a woman just walked in and said that we gave her a card one day and she is searching for truth! She just kept saying that she wanted to know what was this book of mormon!!! The Best Question! Karina actually ended up teaching most of the lesson about that, which was an even bigger miracle! I love these people and these strong women and their examples to me. When we got back home Sunday we were pretty sick again... so it was definitely a miracle!
What a wonderful week. I am excited to tell you more next week about the way the Lord's hand is in our lives, and in which ways we were His narzędziami ( instruments) to bring about His work! I love this work and I love that I am serving in Kielce and in Poland... and most of all I love that I am serving the Lord. I love Him and am determined to give Him more this week. Mom, that quote from Joseph Smith was just what I needed! To become as He is. He commanded us to be perfect, even as our Father in Heaven... and" He giveth us no commandment save He shall prepare a way"! So I am focusing on that and I'll tell you in what ways I have become changed this week:)
Love you around the world and back, literally:)
Love, Siostra Hemming
sorry... no pics this week, you don't want pictures of me being sick:) also... Frankie sent me like twenty pictures of people getting married that I know... I think that made me a little more sick. I can't believe that I'm that old. wierd:) But what a great new step. Marriage is definitely more wonderful and more eternal than I ever comprehended before my mission. Another reason I'm so grateful to be here! Sorry, I will let you go but I love you all so much! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment