Monday, January 27, 2014

SNOW:)

Siostra Owen and Hemming.  Bandits!  Yep...but otherwise I can't speak Polish because my chin is frozen:)
Snow:)
Our little restaurant!!


Hot Chocolate....
Dinner!


Siostra Hemming, Owen and Elder Raines
Tracting:)



January 27,  2014
Yep. that's right everyone! It finally snowed in Kielce!!!! And it's beautiful. It was also in the negatives but we won't talk about that:) Don't worry, I'm warm, Sister Owen let me use some of her hand warmers.
This was a great week! It started off will miracles after miracle! I really love to see how many people the Lord is preparing. It's so cool. Kielce is booming, now we just need to see some baptisms. We met a ton of cool people and are preparing to help them continue to make and keep commitments. To change. To repent!
We spent some good time this week serving the members. I'm not sure how much longer I'll have the privelage of staying in Kielce, but I'm imagining not super long... so I'm really trying to just give it my all! So we went crazy... making banana bread, running across Kielce to lessons and then to service. And we also have tried to serve the community more. It was a success because we had some of our less-actives in church!
Karina is doing really well. She is strong and firm in the gospel and speaks like a member. She is already a missionary and doing so well at it! She reminds me of my own selfless mother. She gives her children her all. It is very inspiring.
Stanislow!
Sister Owen and I had this awesome experience. We had a referall from the office(internet) and we had tried to call it, but the number was unavailable. During my mission, most every referall we've had has ended up being someone pranking someone, or something, so I was a little hesistant to take our whole day to go and find them, but Sister Owen and I did just that. We went out to her little city and ended up being stuck out there all day because we didn't know what time the buses came to go back to Kielce. We met her family who thought that we were amish and polygamists... like most people in Poland! And we ended up eating at this gorgeous restaurant!!! But we didn't get to meet her. When we got home that night,I was feeling like our day was wasted, but then she called!!! It was awesome, she set up and we had a really great meeting! Oh how blessed we are in this work.
Every week we visit this nursing home by our house. Sister Owen and I just started and we love it! This week we visited Stanisław who is such a riot! He is 100 but is still super energetic and sits there telling us about his family and the war. He has a lot of medals. Such a wonderful opporunity. Elder Raines was with us yesterday and afterwards we went tracting. His companion was on a train for exchanges... let's just say it didn't convince people that we don't have polygamy:) hahaha!
I love you all so much! I can't believe how quickly time goes by... but I also know that Elder Dube's talk in last conference about looking ahead is so for missionaries!!! We all have to keep pressing on, not taking a moment for granted!
I love the opportunity I have to be here. I love that I can work on my weaknesses on trait at a time, and lose myself in the work! What a blessing we have to know what we know. I am almost done reading Jesus the Christ, and I am in awe at all that I have learned and continue to learn of Him! I Love to be His Missionary!
Love, Sister Ali Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment