Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Birthday to the world's best DAD!! P.S. IT'S SUNNY!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!

February 17th, 2014
 
Happy Birthday Dad!!! I sent you a letter and your own e-mail:)
yes... I repeat. everyone... it is sunny and warm and there are birds and green grass! Who lucked out and missed the crazy freezing winter in Poland? Me!!! I am so grateful for this weather and it's effect on my spirits and the work!! Oh I am so blessed!!!
Anyways... sorry I flipped;) We had a really good week this week. I am constantly in awe of the many miracles that are dropped in front of me and I need to be better at writing them down! I know this is crazy but I LOVE to write in my journal but I struggle having time for it:) Mom... I think you understand:)
We started off the week at Zone Training. Awesome. They started out by clapping for ourselves because we found the most investigators in one zone in a week ever in Poland... I felt like that was pretty weird. I think I've spent my whole mission knowing or at least trying to remember that every ounce of success I've had has come from the Lord. But... It was nice to know that the field is GLOWING white and ready to harvest:) We have transfers this next week, normally they leave me feeling a little anxious... but this time I just feel like I want to give every ounce I have to the work this week! To Love Kielce into the church as much as I can.
We have been teaching these two women and we love them! They learned about the word of wisdom and have been doing so well, but this week we went over and started the no smoking program... It was a miracle! The one girl, her name is Ania. She stood up, went and got her cigarettes, ripped them up and chucked them in the garbage!!! I love it!!! I have developed a new hate for alcohol, cigarrettes, and all things involved with breaking the word of wisdom. ( even meat... I will tell you that one in a minute) Anyways... wonderful miraculous things happening in Kielce.
I have been striving alot to better myself this week and have realized that satan always tries to get me to think I can't do something because I am lacking. ( that sneaky satan.) But! I have been studying and finding ways to improve and have come alot across two things. 1. Faith! Hello! I need to have faith that I have potential and that the Savior can help me reach it. I will let no man despise my youth. In the strength of the Lord I can do all things. I can change the work in this country and in the world. I have great potential. If you could pray for me as I pray for myself to catch sight of that I would be so grateful:) 2. Charity!!! Everything must be done with charity or it just doesn't count. I know this is my Father's world and His work!
We met with Karina this week. I told her I might be leaving... I think it made her sad but I felt I should so that we could both prepare for it. I feel like she is part of my family. Because she is! I am determined to take on this next transfer with Joy and Rejoicing. Faith and Hope! Whatever it brings. We made dinner with them on Saturday and spent too long searching for this ground chicken. ( yep... gross) So I finally told them that we can't find it and we'll have to just eat normal chicken! It worked out well, but we went into this meat shop. It was so gross. There was a giant pig head cut in half with teeth and eyes and all just sitting there. Who would eat that!!! Anyways...I am sticking with chicken and fish.
I hope you had a wonderful week and I wish you all Happy Valentines!
MOm... If I could get the Family History stories of Elizabeth and James Steele that would be great! Thank you for sending me a package:) Also thank you for the workouts;)
Also.. I read the story of Josph of Egypt and how he cried when he saw his siblings. I know I will! but I also think of the joy of seeing so many wonderful people on the other side of the veil. What a beautiful experience that will be!!
The work is on fire. I love being a Poland Warsaw Missionary!!!
Faith in Progression and Potential!
Love, Siostra Ali Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment