Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Miracle Week

Sister Allen, Young, Theresa and Ali.  This lady is Ali's angel!
Hello Family! I hope you all had another great week with school and football and basketball and soccer, all is well here in Kraków... but I'm not going to stay here for long... I'm moving to Kielce! with Sister Barth. I've heard it's a beautiful little city, and I'm excited to go see what the work of the Lord is like there!
This week was absolutely amazing. We really wanted to show our faith this week. So we set our goals higher than we ever have before, and trusted more in the Lord to get us there. Prezydent Edgren said this " Remember that those who try and do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try and do nothing and succeed."I like that... but I think I learned this week that there is always opposition, but that the Lord has all power, and He can make all things for our benefit!
I think I will share it in order of miracles...
1. Monday...we planned a great lesson with Magda and wanted to committ her to a date. But she ended up leaving right after the restoration video because her friend called. It ended up being a blessing because my personal faith in the Prophet Joseph Smith was strengthened so much to share that week.
Ali eating yogurt on a rooftop!
2. We had a great lesson with Anna and Brat Dziubla, he is the best! He is a bold man and he just states what he knows to be truth. I can't believe how much I've come to love all of these members! They are wonderful! We met with Magda again, and she miraculously set a baptismal date, for the 21st! She had a lot of doubts, but it worked yout and it's so great!
3. We had 6 people in english! whoah! I loved it:) Then we were searching for a less active, but couldn't find their address, and ended up going out to a less active who has two kids but we hadn't seen in church for months, she also didn't answer her phone... we didn't even know if she lived there anymore. But we went out and she was there! and so willing to meet with us and she has the most adorable two children! I hope to serve in Kraków again so that we can all be better friends since I've only met with her twice now, but she is so sweet and made us tea and oh I love the church!
4. We had a great little lunch with Darek, also less active. He is really a great guy, and has a great love for the missionaries! Then we met with Michał, he is amazing, and he accepted a baptismal date and is super excited about it! So great! ahhhhhh:)Also we had culture night... which was super fun, I will share that in pics.
Amber museum
Amber museum
5. We met with Anna and set a baptismal date! also a miracle as she doubted being ready to recieve it! amazing, they are all prepared by the Lord to be strong members in this church. It is really such an awesome experience. Then we had a movie night with our investigators, they are such great women, and I hope they all accept the gospel someday! Sister Onken came, she's the best!
6. Met a girl who has struggled her whole life and taught her about the plan of salvation. What a perfect plan that is, I think I forget how it was made by God. So amazing!
7. Teresa came to church! she is such a sweet old lady, and I will always call her my aniołką... little angel;) She is so great and I will need to write her whenever I can. I love Poland:)
So yep... an amazing week with three baptismal dates. I feel confident that they will keep moving forward. Kielce just got a chapel! yes! I love changing it up, and am excited for a new challenge. I think that it is becoming fall as it's pretty chilly as of late... :) Also... we had some crazy experiences this week, We brought out a board with the Plan of Salvtaion on it and stood up on a brick wall and sang, that was exciting! The Elders were nervous I think...hahahaha! We ran a few times... in the middle of Kraków... in skirts and dresses:) Oh I love it!
Culture night in Krakow!! FUN!!!!!
I love how we know where we were. who we are.where we will be. How we will get there. That God is loving and that Christ is our Redeemer. It's amazing! I love how they always teach the plan of salvation in the Book of Mormon... Most people just try and guess what's going on... but we know! I am so grateful!
I know that hard things happen in life... I learned more about faith this week than ever before. I learned that it means that we acknowledge the opposition but also know that no matter what, the Lord will make it all work out for our good if we have Faith. I learned how to be better at not trying to take things on myself that I can't change. Just give them all to Him, He already took them. It's so beautiful!
crazy Elders!! haha
cool medieval rings
I love you all, I pray for you each day, be safe and Do all you can to deepen your conversion. I love being a missionary! If anyone is thinking of serving but unsure...I would say... why not?! It's the best experience to prepare you for life. You are in the service of the Lord, and He guides and blesses you so much. I read in my heritage that a man in Utah who was a pioneer said that he would not trade his experience as a handcart pioneer in the Martin handcart comp for anything, because he paid that price to become acquainted with God, and it was a price he considered a privelage to pay. Wow! I want to come to know my Savior so much deeper, and my Father in Heaven. Let us tap that potential more this week:)
Ali in Krakow at night.
I love you all so!
Siostra Hemming








Pictures of the Rynek.  It is SOOOO beautiful!
Yummy pig food.

The missionaries in Krakow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment