Monday, August 26, 2013

Miloscz Blizniego...aka Charity or at least close to it!!

August 26th, 2013

Hello Family Hello! :)
I can't believe school already started. The kids start next week here in Poland, and the colleges don't start until October... wierd.. I think I'll feel a little gyped at some point when I remember that in Poland they have three months of vacation!
Their good friend Ola!
Oscar Schindler's Factory!!  Very humbling!!!
since the lights were out for a week..oops! they decided to have a camp-out
the camp-out
Ali at Schindler's Factory
Ali with Sister Allen and Young and Ola!





You all look so adorable... I want to see my little Harmie going to school! where is his pic:) Talia... you are the cutest little thing ever! Livi, you look beautiful and so grown up! Harmie... Hair is looking good. Heathie Cat... You look so old! STop Growing! :) and braces... nice! Rorskie... like the shirt...and you... :)
Well, what a week! First off, Transfers aren't this week, but the next one. We had a ten week transfer this time because we trainees came in early... and normally they are nine weeks. I can't belive we already are at one transfer! crazy! I don't like to think about it. As far as I'm concerned, I'll be in Poland forever!  But Time moves so quickly, and not at the same time... hard to explain but I love it!
So this week we had Zone Conference. Prezydent Edgren is so great! He and his wife are definitely called to be in Poland at this time for a reason. They are great people, and he always talks about how we have a vision for Poland. This transfer we've talked alot about how hard work and obedience are key, but how in Poland we missionaries are really good at that... what we, as a mission, struggle with seems to be faith. So he's really been focusing on that, and it's amazing! We see so many miracles daily, I don't doubt that this change in attitude will make a huge difference for the work in Poland!
I learned alot this week about humilty... I pretty much hate that I have to learn this lesson over and over again, but I do hope that I can get better each time I learn it. I think that Faith is the great check, if you don't have a lot of faith, you need to re-evaluate your life and find out what is keeping you from that. What an amazing experience a mission is. We really have a great mission here in Poland! As we were on the train going to Zone Conference, we were in a cabin singin with the elders, and I was watching the scenery. We don't really have a lot of time to appreciate things like that, as we always try to find someone to talk to, but I was watching that day, and I am stunned by how beautiful Poland is! It is so green, with rolling hills and forests like in the story books. The homes are old and quaint and the streets are cobble stoned and have old signs and oh it's so great! What a beautiful place! And what great people... just wait...
This week we started out pretty weak... we were working hard, but were having a lot of people flake. I was studying for my talk on charity, so I was trying to focus on how to make my mission seen through the eyes of charity... I realized I need to be a lot more humble and loving and act out of love, not duty .I feel like Poland is filled with charity! We struggled at first... but then we saw miracle after miracle. First off, one of the women who the sisters were teaching before I came but who had lost contact was sitting outside the chapel in a random spot on Tuesday, and sister young wanted to go out there, and she was there and so excited and gave us her new number and set up for this week! She is great! Her name is Ana and we love her:) She's a professional roller blader... literally... she's trying out for the olympics! cool! Then we met this girl and boy who are dating. Paulina and Michał. They are a miracle as well! They were so willing to listen to the message, and had a lot of cool stories. They have both had really hard lives, especially Michał, but they have found each other and are trying to better themselves. I love how the gospel comes to just the right people at just the right times. Michał came to church with us and seemed to really enjoy it so that was amazing!  We have gotten 15 lessons or more the past two weeks, and we only had 10 by Sunday... so we taught four on the street, and needed one more. We prayed ( because we only had ten minutes) and we got three lessons in ten minutes! All of us separated and got one lesson. Amazing how the Lord works and puts people right in the perfect path! Amazing!
pretty much we have the greatest branch ever. our members are so willing to do everything, it's great! We are getting two new families who are moving from other places to Kraków. I can't even tell you how much of a blessing that is! I hope I get to stay here, but we will see.
I learned this week that everyone has to walk by faith. Even Prezydent Monson. We all must do it, and that is why we are here. People always ask me... i need proof that God exists. And I usually talk about nature and families and other things and then say... what more can you ask for? I have learned that it's not easy to walk by faith, because it's not supposed to be easy. We read Ps. 23 as a zone during zone conference. David is talking about how the Lord lets him walk in green pastures and lie down. ( Prezydent Edgren said.... what? I don't feel like missionary work is lying down in green pastures) and he is referring the the Lord in third person... then as it goes on, he says " though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil" and in this part, he switches to addressing the Lord in second person. Prezydent told us that to him that means that it is only through trials that we can come to intimately know our Father in heaven. How true is that? How blessed I am to have this opportunity to know my Father in heaven better!
Well, that's about it for the week... I have a lot of pics so I'll talk more about those! Stay tuned for next time to find out where I'll be for the next transfer;)
Random...
Heath: Way to go! Don't think that just because those boys are older that you can't play with them, you are talented, just remember wherein your power lies.
Dad: I want you to know I'm making a journal of seeing that bigger picture and praying daily:) thank you.also... you should figur out who Kościuszko and Pułaski are( something to do with the Rev. War)
A guy in our mieszkanie(building) has a dog like Zeus... he's like a twenty five year old biker... it always makes me laugh to see him walking the dog.
We're extending a baptism commitment to Magda today... and working for the Standard... so pray for us! I pray for you all daily! I love you so much:) Enjoy school and be good;)
The church is so true! Because it's not just another church, it is the true church of God.
Love you!
Siostra Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment