Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Never Give Up....Never Surrender!

A professor from the University took these three pictures of the missionaries in Katowice and Kielce.  He sent them to us via email which was so fun to have! I am so thankful for him taking the time to do that!


The missionaries singing hymns on the train!
Missionaries on the train going to zone conference
9/23/13
Hello Hello...  Dad... the title of this e-mail is for you:)
Well this has been quite the week!!! On Monday we had to head up to Warsaw for Sister Barth to get her Card to live in Poland. We didn't find out until 9:30 the night before... so that was exciting! Once again I could see the gorgeous landscape from the train... that's one thing you miss on freeways and in planes. Landscape. Poland is so beautiful! We had a lot of meetings this week and a million miracles. I think this week was one of the most growth for me here on the mission.

First off, I cannot believe how prepared people in Poland are! That's why this title is so fitting;) Ania is still going strong for her baptism this Saturday, and we've had to teach her all of the lessons in only two weeks, ahhh! I will share more about her...
Ania is a young mom, 29 with two children. She's divorced and her husband doesn't help her in any way. She lives an hour away by bus from Kielce and has to take it in here every time that she has a meeting with us. Her son is seven and has autism and really struggles in school so she spends her days with him in school, and then comes home and takes care of her daughter who is 5. She is amazing! She came to English and started reading the Book of Mormon and then just started coming to church and when we first met her it was her second time in church, she met with us and scheduled a baptism and every single lesson she had read and prayed and recieved answers and it's such a testimony builder to me. The things I used to thing were hard at home I have realized are nothing compared to what people here have to do, they are strong and amazing! She finished the whole book of Mormon on Tuesday and has been praying with us and her prayers bring tears to my eyes every time! We met with her and talked about the Blessing of the Holy Ghost, and I was able to share experiences when my dad was able to give me preisthood blessings and the comfort and love I felt from both him and my Heavenly Father every time, I reflected on the opportunity to recieve direct words from my Father in Heaven and to learn more of His power on the earth. It is so true!
I learned alot this week about pride. I learned alot about how if I am to be consecrated in the way that I promised then I need to give every conscious thought to the Lord. That I need to make my desires and my will in line with His, not just my actions. I also learned from President Uchtdorf about patience. It is a beautiful talk from Preisthood session 2010, it is a key trait that I need!
Another miracle story, Karina... she is amazing! She is the Elders and was given us. She has three children, and is a young mother. How blessed we are to teach young mothers, for I know from experience that as " we know that our mothers know it" we are strengthened. I told her about my mother and how I know she knows it! ANyways... she has a baptismal date and hasn't told her husband she wants to be baptized yet... So ... we taught her about fasting and we told her we would fast with her. She has a new baby so she said it would be hard to do it with us and she said she didn't know if she'd make it to church... We fasted. and prayed. hard.  When we called her the next day she was so excited, said that she fasted and that she felt strong and excited and that she would be at church for sure! So on sunday I think I realized what they mean when they say that the heart was filled with joy. I felt so much joy as I could see Karina and her sweet kids in church( her little boy sat next to Elder Brown while he passed the sacrament... so touching... I thought of my little Harmie and Heathie who I haven't heard from in a while..:) and ANia was asking me about her confirmation ( she gets baptized on Saturday!!!) and I was so happy!!! The Lord answers prayers.
I am so grateful to be here in Kielce. We really are pampered by the members. We had two dinner appointments this week( and since i've never had any that was amazing). This sweet lady who has almost nothing fed us a three course meal of soup and these cabbage rolls and cake, and I love these members! I could stay here forever!!! We have a lovely little apartment that is clean and well-kept, it is funny in Poland... we have a hot water heater that literally heats up water with an open flame before it gets to you... we have a gorgeous view. Our chapel is in a pretty building and as the leaves are changing for fall it is really so beautiful!
The story about Anne made me cry! The Lord is in everything. I know He helps and blesses us. I prayed for them so hard this week, especially Alan. I am so proud of him and his words. They will help me on my mission!

I am going to Kraków on a training exchange this week. I'll be with a trainee so wish me luck! I know that this is the Lord's work. I got the package and I am so grateful for such a great family!!!!Thank you so much, the letters are great and I will start reading one today!!!  I loved the peachie o's and the white shirt and socks as well.  It is such a great blessing to have such support.

Love your mission!!!
Love Siostra Hemming


No comments:

Post a Comment