Monday, September 30, 2013

ANIA!!

9/30/2013
 
This week was absolutely amazing! First off, I am so blessed to have the most amazing family:) Thank you for your prayers and your love and your example. I have the best family in the whole world.
So I went to Kraków this week, it was pretty weird to be completely honest. I know that the Lord's work is wherever I go, but I am definitely tied to Kielce. I loved Kraków, so it just showed me that this is where I need to be right now. I did get to be with a trainee, Sister King. She is wonderful and taught me a lot. It was so nice to be back in Kielce, and with Sister Barth and with our lovely little gmina!
Ania got baptized this week! We ran around with our heads cut off a little bit at the beginning and then we really prayed and everything fell into place. She came and looked so beautiful, we do it at a pool here in Kielce. We had prepared a meeting, I spoke and then she got into her whites and Prezydent Najberg baptized her. She was so happy, she told us that she had been reading the bible as a young girl, and that she really loved it and felt that there was something more that she wasn't finished and that the Lord told her that she needed to wait until she found what was more. Wow! She is so amazing and so prepared. She entered the waters of baptism with a huge smile and came out with an even bigger one! I thought I would burst I was so happy! It was humbling and beautiful to me and I love that woman more than I thought I could for such a short time. After her baptism Sister Barth and I did a musical number. I sang and Sister Barth played the violin, she is so talented! I love that girl! Then we had some food( chips and cookies... polish style) and we took her to the bus. It was a moment and a day I will never forget and I am so grateful to the Lord that I could be part of such an amazing experience!
Then we went to church the next day for her to be confirmed... she is a single mother, and one of her children is seven years old and he is handicapped. It was a little bit crazy because he wouldn't let her leave him to be confirmed and then he was being really agressive and I know she was really stressed, so we have to do her confirmation on Wednesday. Long story short, I am so impressed by her patience and love with the members. She could have been offended so easily but wasn't and just loved everyone!
I know that the church is true. I know that the Lord Jesus Christ atoned for all of us, and that we take our first step at baptism. I love this place! I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Siostra Hemming

Conference is this week!!!!!!!!!I get to watch probably one session of each, I am so excited!  I love fall here!

No comments:

Post a Comment