Friday, October 11, 2013

I LOVE CONFERENCE


10/7/2013

Ali walking in a park in Kielce
Hello my darling little family! Or not so little... as I saw my gorgeous Rori at homecoming! I swear I just barely went to my first homecoming with Cragun... wierd! She looked so beautiful and so old, I am very grateful that she is modest and looks like a beautiful young woman! I would expect nothing less:)
Ali
This has been a week of miracles, I'm pretty sure every week is and I am so grateful for that. We started out pretty worried. One of our investigators, Karina has a baptismal date and is really progressing toward becoming a stalwart member. She was taught by the elders before we got here and it's been a miracle that we can be here because she couldn't have met with the elders... you will find out why. So on Friday of last week, her husband called us and was pretty mean and was saying all of these things in lightening fast polish( which we don't even fully understand at normal speed) and ended up saying something to the effect of ... we don't want to meet with you. My wife is not interested and she already has her own church, don't ever meet with her again. I am sure you can imagine that we were pretty sad about it. But Sister Barth had faith and we continued on planning that she would meet with us. We heard nothing from her for four days and were trying to give her some space for a while. Every tuesday we have district meeting in the chapel and make goals and become edified:) We were sitting there this tuesday and suddenly we hear these little kid voices and I think to myself... that sounds like Kasper( her son) and as the voices get closer I become certain it is her son. We run out into the foyer and she is standing there with her children and says... "Hi, I'm really sorry to interrupt but my husband deleted your number and I didnt' know what to do and I'd like to set up a meeting tommorow."
I literally almost died.I was so shocked! ( Have more Faith Sister Hemming!)
She said that simply her husband had talked with someone at work who told her wierd things about us and was really upset and so he called us and then deleted our number from her phone. She told us that she prayed alot to know what she should do. She told us she recieved a very firm answer that she should meet with us again. She said that she KnOWS without a doubt that she needs to be baptized, that she has found the church of God and that she knows that this is the direction she needs to go. I cannot even explain how I felt. Just so grateful. So joyful. We set up for the next day and then knelt down and thanked Heavenly Father for letting us see miracles. Oh how blessed we are.
The next day she shared her life story with us and really opened up. She is a woman who has been through the worst that life has to offer. Poverty and loneliness and abuse, but she has stuck to her faith in God and has also seen many miracles. She was told from every doctor that she could never have children but prayed to God to help her and was given three absolutely beautiful kids! She is an amazing example to me. Most of the time I sit and wonder why I was called to be a missionary when the people I teach are better examples to me than the other way around. All I know is this. The work is true and the Lord loves and cares for each of us. She has shown me that.
We have had wonderful experiences with her all week and are hoping that she will be able to talke with her husband and that he will allow her to be baptized. We have prayed so hard that his heart will be softened . What a powerful experience that was.
Ali's companion Sister Barth
I love Sister Barth and I am so grateful that I can be a part of the work here in Kielce. I don't know what the Lord has in store for Poland but I know it is something beautiful and marvelous and I feel so blessed every day to be here and be a part of it. I hope that I can give a broken heart and a contrite spirit to the Lord every day to renew my drive to do my best. I love these people with all of my heart!
Any one for Apple Crisp..Polish style?
I watched the Relief Society mtg. and was brought to tears many times. It is so interesting how a mission has softened me so much, i cry ALL THE TIME! :) But usually because I am so overcome with love and gratitude! I can't imagine anywhere else better that I could be. This is the place;) Ania was in General Conference yesterday and was asking us about how she pays tithing because she wants to give her part to the Lord's kingdom. She is amazing! We also were able to watch the first session of Saturday conference with Prez. Najberg. But it was in English, so he couldn't understand. It was an example of me of faith and obedience that he stayed the whole time and watched it... in english! What amazing members.
The wonderful baptism of Ania.  Notice it is performed in a swimming pool! So great
Ania and Ali
We had a few funny moments this week. Most of them associated with our lack of understanding of Polish... or the fact that I am the worst cook in the world:) We made No bake cookies but didn't have a pan or anything to put them on... so we cleaned of the counter and just plopped them on there! super funny! then they wouldn't dry so they were pretty squishy, but our english class liked them all the same!

Ali with a sweet member named Ella











Polish food....cabbage rolls
Polish Cake
Cauliflower Soup!











     I know that the Lord lives. I know that the Atonement has real power and that Heavenly Father is Loving! He loves us even when we don't love ourselves, and He helps us see our potential. Sins and doubts are overcome through the Lord, and they sometimes take a long time, but the Lord is mighty to save;) I know that Conference is a time to listen to a prophet of God. Just think about what that means! I know that conference and probably everything else associated with the Savior has more meaning to me on my mission and will have more meaning after my mission. I am ALWAYS grateful I chose to serve. the 80,000 missionaries out will all come home stronger. It is the Best decision I have made yet, and all other decisions will be affected by it!
I love you all so much!!! I hope you have a week filled with the power of the atonement. I pray for you every day!
Ali in Kielce!!! She is so happy and loving it!!!
Love , Siostra Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment