Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Dzie艅 Dobry my Darling Family! I can hardly believe another week is already here:) But I love this opportunity to mail you all! So glad you all enjoyed your lovely week at the family reunion... I guess summer's coming to an end. Wierd. I'm glad that both reunions were a hit! I can't believe what a great family I have. I love to look at them and see in them what I can use in my life. They are all such great examples to me!
So this week was a miracle week! We had been really struggling to find investigators for a while, and many of our simply weren't answering. We worked our hardest, contacting almost all day for a couple of weeks. We weren't really seeing the fruit of the labor, but we prayed for faith and were given faith and went on. Then this week we had some AMAZING experiences. First off....
I met my first nun:) well... we see them all of the time, but on Monday this sweet lady named Agnieszka sat by me and talked with me for the whole way home, she was such an angel! I wanted to share with her that family is the way to the greatest happiness in this life, but I do respect her devotion. Good people everywhere! ...
We ended up getting 5 new investigators this week, which is pretty much crazy! We also had one go to church, amazing:) I met some really cool people and was super grateful to have done so. This week I was walking down the street, and this random thought came... maybe I want to go to the other side... so I did. I went to the other side and right there was this guy named 艁ukasz. He was really receptive and we talked about faith and I read him some of the K.M.(book of mormon) and then asked him if he wanted to meet, he said yes, and that he wanted a K.M., then he proceeded to tell me that he worked for a member in Canada, and at first heard some really odd stories of our church, but that he decided to work anyways. He said he was astonished( yes... that very word:) at their kindness and faith. It was amazing! he said he wants to come closer to God and we met with him and he shows real promise! Oh the Gospel is so cool!I love that I get to be part of experiences like that, I'm so luckY!

There is a random list of contact names that the old elders gave us... and sister young was looking at them and decided to have sister allen call one of them. An older woman ( 78) who's name is Teresa. She called her and we planned a meeting with her in two days. She told us that she was so glad we called because she had been waiting for the missionaries to call and was so glad we found her... she said she'd be waiting for us at a stop with flowers... which was very strange. We were pretty excited to meet this interesting lady. We show up and she helps us with some things, and then she takes us to a bench and we start talking. After giving us two huge bags of baby plums that she picked from her garden! Such an angel! She tells us how her granddaughter was saved by the missionaries and now has a child and husband and is active in England. Then she keeps talking and we find out taht she knew Jan Paul the second really well, that they were great friends. The whole time I'm thinking ... " She has teh light of Christ in her eyes, and she is a powerful woman, I wish she was a member" We walk and talk and I pull out my K.M. with the family picture in it, and she goes! Oh I love the Book of mormon, and w'ere all thinking... hmm, has she read it? So Sister Allen starts asking her some questions and come to find out she's a MEMBER! She tells us taht she's been a member for a long time, but that they moved away and when she came back she couldn't find the chapel because it moved streets, and then that the elders never called her so she had been searching for the chruch. She was an angel!!!!!! i swear. I still can't believe she's real. She said her daughter is innactive now but that we can come and meet with them. She bought us these beautiful flowers and kissed us like a million times and said all she needs is for us to love her and write her! Oh my she was amazing! I can only say that she was amiracle for me that day! This IS My Father's work. And His hand is in it everyday!
It was an exciting week, and we have a great one coming up! Next P-day we're going to go to Schindler's FActory. Dad... SO Cool! I can't wait to show you pictures. But for now, I'm going to go and find some amazing and prepared people and hope that I can be humble enough to let the Lord speak through me, Ammon and I can join in saying that as to my strenghths I am so weak! But I love the opportunity to see that trials make us stronger!
I love you all so much! I pray for you all each night! Thank you for being the greatest! Good luck with all this week:)
Cool horse guy
Wawel Castle

More Wawel Castle



view from Wawel

yummy ice cream which tasted just like the famous chocolate orange sticks!

beautiful butterfly she saw and wanted to send it to Heath!
Ali's wall above her desk


Siostra Young's birthday dinner at Dluga's  (pizza)

Ali and Siostra Young enjoying birthday dinner

Flowers given to them from Theresa, a member they miraculously found!

Siostra Young having dinner with a darling family that loves to feed the missionaries.

before she cut her hair
after she cut her hair!

Siostra Young and Ali after their hair cuts!  So cute!


The beautiful city...Krakow

No comments:

Post a Comment