Monday, August 19, 2013

HOORAY! Rori has an Irish boy name!

The little chapel in Krakow
Siostra Hemming, Young and Allen with security guard

delicious berries

Siostra Hemming and Young

Siostra Hemming and Allen

Library where all the missionaries email their families in Krakow
Hello Hello!!!
Family... you are the best! This was a great week filled with miracles. I see Heavenly Father lead me and bless me in so many ways, I just want to be closer to Him. I feel this power and realize that there is so much more that as I work hard and strive to be obedient and faithful, I can feel and reach that! Oh the gospel is so amazing!
First off, way to go mom! You little missionary you:) I love that, some people need to realize the letter of the law spirit of the law thing... I feel like that is still a serious problem in most religions. Good thing that we know that people aren't perfect, but this church is! Love it! And there are always people like you to show that we love and serve and are respectful of all people and all beliefs. whoo! Ror, good luck with your test... just remember that when they ask you to drive into oncoming traffic it's a test, so don't do it:) just kidding! heathie Cat, good luck, I'll pray for you! Remember who gave you your talents and use them to lead others to a good place! Cutest little family ever... harmie, I'm glad that you think marriage is a good thing. I concur.
My family is so uplifting! Yesterday in church I sat by a sweet little girl who's family is living here while her dad is going to school ( the Onkins) and her name is Felicity, I love that name! anyways, we were drawing pictures and I remember mom, you used to draw pictures with me, and I always thought you could draw the best little cartoon people. So there's a trip down memory lane for you;)
It was great! We taught a lot of lessons this week, and decided to strive for even more next week. We have a little graph of days when contacting is best and we try and analyze what we can do to be more effective, it's amazing how many super cool people I can meet! First of all, I am so grateful for the example of pioneers. We have this cool thing in our mission called the "consecrated missionary" It basically means that literally everything in your life becomes consecrated to the Lord. It is the kind of missionary I want to be. When Heber C. Kimball left his family, I know it was hard, but he had reached a point where he realized that all he had was from the Lord anyways. I want to lead a consecrated life. I have a ways to go;)
Had some great miracles! This week was the holiday in Poland that they celebrate when they believe Mary ascended into heaven. It's very intriguing. But basically it's as important as Easter... they have nothing open and no one is really in town, they are just in the churches, so we were unsure of what to do, but after a series of the falling through of our 4 back up plans, we decided to follow the Spirit and go out to one of our investigators houses. We didn't even make it down the block before having taught two lessons and picking up three new investigators. We also had an AMAZING lesson that morning with a super cool rock climber guy named marcin. Pretty sure if I ever pictured a Polish king... it would look like him.
We fasted this week that Magda would have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I am confident that if it is the Lord's time, she will have received her answer and be ready to start this part of her life. The part with the true and restored gospel! She gave a Book of Mormon to her dad this weekend... pray for her!
P.s.... the Book of Mormon is amazing. I can't believe the strength and guidance it gives me each day. Those stories are real. it literally is a feast. Oh how I love it!
We taught amazing people, and I learned a lot about how I need to be better and continue to work so that I may be more worthy of His love.
I think Yesterday was the best though... we decided to go find a previous investigator. We went to the street they live on, and there was a man sitting on the bench. We have a lot of contacting techniques, and I've been trying to memorize Polish scriptures, and the moment I saw him I felt prompted to use Alma 32:21, so I did, and he was instantly interested in our message. We taught him a first lesson and it was amazing, and then we prayed with him. We asked him if he knew any one who needed a blessing and he said that actually he was just in that moment writing a list ( letter) to his daughter. She's fifteen and I don't' know what happened, but he said that he was sitting and he was thinking of what he could do to help her, and suddenly these (angels... aniołóki) he called us... came up and started talking with him. We prayed for her and for their relationship, and closed in the name of Jesus Christ. He then looked really astonished and said that he has read the bible and knows it well and has always felt that we need to close prayers in the name of Jesus Christ. Then he said that he is searching for the true church. ( which he didn't tell us before... we thought he was agnostic) I was able to tell him that as  representative of Christ we were there to help he and his family in that time of need. i can't believe how amazing it is to be a missionary! Oh how lucky I am!
Okay... well I love you all so much... I know that Christ is our Savior.I know that He watches out for us as missionaries and members and children of God. How blessed I am to know what I know. To believe what I believe. To have such amazing ancestors who's example pushes me along daily. I know that what I tell people is true. That is blesses lives. I really do rejoice in my God!
Now for the funny random stuff...
Rori... I met an Irish man who said that your name is definitely a guys name in Irish and Rori is Celtic for Roderick, so that's cool;)
I blew the fuse in our house this morning... the first time I tried to use a blowdryer since having been in Poland... we will be in darkness for a couple of days... good thing it's summer and not winter!
I got the Jensens letter, tell Sister Jensen thank you and how much I love her! She and Bishop are amazing!
I'm sorry I don't always have time to tell everyone thank you, Aunt Denice and Uncle Mike e-mail me weekly, and that is the kindest thing! I always read them, and they uplift me!
Mom, We were studying patience and I told my companions that you're probably one of the only people I know who personifies that trait! Thank you for that, what a great example you are.
Also.. I'm shopping for some Polish stuff today... if you could put some money in my account... that would be awesome!
i love being a missionary!
Love, Siostra Hemming
Didn't get to take the tour of Schindler's Factory because it was closed! So... another time:) Still was very humbling to go there though
1. a monument in the Jewish Ghetto in Kraków
2. the people Oscar Schindler saved
3. very cool monument to auschwitz
Old Railroad



Some of Schindler's List.

Cool monument to Auschwitz

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment