Sunday, August 11, 2013

July 22, 2013

HERE IS THE LAST LATE ONE!!!!!!!! 

mom! love from Krakow:) really quick... I love that you're putting my stuff on the blog... appartenly people from Poland are reading it... wierd and great! If you wanted you could put only the mission address on there though..:) Oh how I love you! I eat:) don't worry and we work out each morning so all is well! I don't need anything right now, I think I'll make it to Christmas:) thank you for faithfully writing me with uplifting stories, you are a powerful woman! Thank you for your example. Also, I love children so much!!!!! how I miss them here where there are so few, but maybe it is for the best, I will appreciate them so much the more! Primary President is the best! Now dad will look like grandpa... which is fine because I dont know two better looking guys! I guess it was inevitable... just don't shave your head mom!
Thank you for your prayers... we are struggling right now to keep our investigators, and we have prayed and prayed but they struggle, It's okay though, if we give all our might and faith each day, we will be blessed and I know we made a difference. I just got an e-mail back from our lovely Ola, she is the one that we had to drop, which was sad, she said that she loves us and wanted us to know that she felt something draw her to us, and that she now believes that God is our Father, and that He loves her. we love her so, but she wasn't progressing... and it was so good to know at least we got her one step closer, but she needs these ordinances so! They are the ONLY way to be sealed to God, and we need Him, that is what I want to impress on their minds, that this isn't just for fun, but for eternity! It's so important. Oh how I love Poland!
The language is coming slowly but surely, I understand more each day, and Sister Allen is going on exchanges today so it's just us two goldens(grandma:) and we will pray for the darem jenzykow!
So I learned this week alot more about how this is a work of love. I pray every day that I may have charity, and I know it increases with time and faith. I love meeting all of God's children and discovering a spark in them of truth! I think this is definitely a once in a lifetime experience and I am so grateful to be here! I meet so many interesting people everyday, some moreso than others:) The people here are really kind, if you understand them. They come from harsh backgrounds and interesting lives, but they are strong and sturdy, and if you show that strenght and sturdiness as well, they respect you. I know that these people need the gospel. They dont' understand that you can pray to God, that He wants your prayers, and that He can and will always hear and answer. They don't know that this life is such a tiny speck and that there is so much greater in the future... only through the right athority can we be there though! I Love the Book of Mormon! It is amazing and has taken on a whole new meaning to me! My Savior is loving and kind, and I love that we focus on His life, His sacrifice and most importantly His resurrection and current hand in our lives than the gruesomenss of His death. He loves us now and has a part in each of us! I love the gospel:)
I had a great week... so many people smoke here... but we taught a lesson to one of our lovelies named Magda... she already follows the word of wisdom! what? amazing! I met a man who has one of those throat holes... he was still smoking and had to cover it and gargle out each word through a toothless mouth and it made me so sad. I told him that he is a son of God, and that the Book of Mormon can teach him about that. I could see how grateful he was for kindness, and suddenly he grabs my hand and kisses it! whoah:) actually that's nothing new... but he was so kind and I know that God loves him. I love my companions and I live in such a pretty city! I can't wait for you all to see it someday.
I'm glad all is well at home... poor Harmie... yucky birthday! but it's one of the best birthdays... so I hope you aren't scarred:) I love all of your funny comments, we get pretty funny here but mostly it's just a plethora of awkwardness, which is great!
President and Sister Edgren are so kind and loving, they are wonderful and it was good to meet with them and discuss our visions for the church in Poland. I know it can grow, but it will take time! I will do my best to assist in that! They are adjusting well and are absolutely hillarious! Their daughter died twelve years ago at the age of seventeen. Sister Edgren still cries when she talks about it, but she is stronger because of it, and has a great testimony of the power of prayer and the power of God. A force to behold, that is for sure. I KNOW that those people are blessed with power and strength and so much care. I learned this week that everyone has to have trials, and that the best of us have probably had the worst. "If for a while the harder you try the harder it gets, take heart, for so it has been with the best people who ever lived"~Elder Holland. They are wonderful people:)
Sorry I can't send pictures this week, our library is closed for holiday... as is everything! hahahaha but I hope for better next week:) So excited for Dallin and Morgan and Mikayla! Tell Uncle Mike thanks so much for keeping me updated on the Nelsons... it is such a blessing! I love you all!!! Be well and do good and enjoy your week:)
Sister Hemming



No comments:

Post a Comment