Monday, May 12, 2014

Revelation!!!

May 12th, 2014
 
Skype with my family on Mothers Day!!
Hello my family!
It was so wonderful to see you all on Sunday:) That day we all went back from church and we sat in the office and I waited while Sis. Poklinkowska skyped and I was feeling so excited! I love being able to talk to my family... I think that it was so wonderful and I am so grateful for technology. I love technology, but not as much as you you see:) At Christmas I wrote down all that I wanted to talk about and this time I just went in and was ready to see my cute family!!! I love you all so much. Your testimonies and love meant so much to me. Right after talking with you the Assistants were waiting in the hallway and were like, Okay Sis. Hemming... time to run:) Why? because we had the coolest miracle happen! A wonderful lady in the other branch was being a missionary on the plane and met someone who she loved right off the bat. They chatted about their lives and this member and her husband shared with her the power of the Plan of Salvation. They wanted to meet with her and she lives in our area but they haven't gotten in contact yet so we went to talk with them about it and see what we can do. I already love this girl! so send some prayers her way;)
Polish Guard on May Day!
I've been focusing a lot on giving my all to the work, and I realized that I want to carry that trait with me into the future, and so I was grateful to let those two things coincide, talking to my family, and talking about helping other families. I love being a missionary!
 
We were able to find a new investigator who has a baptismal date this week! I testify that the new revelation President Edgren recieved( which is really just the old revelation to preach the gospel) is so inspired...
 
Polish cemetery...so cool!
We had a wonderful week and were able to teach a lesson with a couple of less-active members and also a family whose wife is a really active member and the husband isn't a member at all. It was a wonderful discussion about the Atonement and it's power and why it had to happen and our views on the role of the Savior. It was lovely. I felt so blessed with a lot of miracles this week. That lesson was one of them. Another was that on Thursday we had  a lot of lessons scheduled... Sis. Poklinkowska and I were super excited and then one by one the investigators flaked us. I was pretty disheartened by this and I went into the bathroom of the chapel to say a prayer. At the moment my prayer ended Sis. Poklinkowska came running in and said that our last lesson of the day came! It was a wonderful lesson and she accepted a baptismal date and came to church!!! Miracle. Then also because of that we ended up seeing a sweet less-active who I love. She is pregnant and hasn't been to church for a while because of that, and we got to see her! Then on Saturday we went to the branch party and she came, along with another woman who is SO wonderful and is a new mother and less-active. I love this work. That was such a wonderful day.
HUGE bubble blowers in the parks:)
 
Well, this was a great week. I think it's funny that you got stage fright because I kind of felt similarly... crazy:) But after the discussion I said a prayer, it's really powerful because I'm sure you did too. So we did basically have one... on different sides of the world, but I know that it doesn't matter where we are praying, it is all heard by our Heavenly Father. Next time I see you we will have a family prayer for sure:) I like being the guinea pig anyways;)
 
Some funny moments from the week.... I love Polish people. They have taught me a lot about being blunt and honest:) They are certainly that way.. i can't tell you how many comments about my skin I've heard from everyone and also comments about how if I sit on the cold ground I won't have children or that I will die an early age from not wearing nylons:) It's is soooo sweet and Hilarious. It's just because they love and want to help.
Some cute members who I LOVE!!
  
We went to the Young Women's lesson this week and talked about personal revelation. I think that one was for me especially. It was a miracle. The women opened up and were so kind and we love them sooo much! I think some of these members will be my best friends forever;) It's hard not to be friends with those you love.
 
Well, I sure love you all! I am searching and learning about relying on the Lord. I think it's these more abstract personality traits that I'm striving to accumulate and they are tricky. I know how to work hard, I know how to be obedient, but I think the Lord is teaching me how to acquire traits that require faith and trust and hard work:) Turning my heart to the Lord, and serving Him with all my capacity:) I have been learning alot about hearts lately, You should all read about it too. Broken heart. open heart. loving heart. pure of heart. turn your heart. I love all of these phrases! The scriptures and the atonement tend to teach us how to reach and become those traits that are inside. I think that is beautiful!
I am doing well and am happy:) It is so great to be a missionary!!!
Love Love lOve, Siostra Ali Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment