Monday, May 19, 2014

I'm a Lumberjack in my own forest!!

May 19th, 2014
Hello Hello!
It's Summer:) Well. narazie... It is so warm today and the sun is shining and I am making sushi for P-day:) Life is good:)
So this was a miracle week. It's interesting how we don't really do too much differently and one week ends up being more visibly successful than another... well I'll just count my blessings! So we started off the week having a miracle lesson on P-day! Yay!!! I love how I've learned so much about how much I am loved in seeing how much Heavenly Father loves others. We found this man on the street after FHE at the chapel and we brought him in for a lesson and he spoke excellent English so the Durrants (senior couple) were on it! Miracles! Speaking of Senior Couples I'm making a pitch for them! We need them SO badly here in Poland and President told me to tell Uncle Bruce he should come out( His words, not mine:) I guess that they know each other really well, he also knows Kristin... speaking of which President said she got married? I love their family!
Family History Board
This weekend we were able to be part of "night at the museum" it is where all of the museums in Warsaw are opened for free all night long! The church was registered as a family history center and so Sis. Poklinkowksa and I and the Assistants went in to the chapel and talked about family history. I met the sweetest young girl who drew a picture of me while her parents went into the center. So lovely! We also made a family history board and are going to use it more often!
I think one of the greatest miracles of my week happened while we were trakting. So... rewind.... my first week in Warsaw I met this couple from china on a tramwaj... they were adorable but didn't' speak hardly any English. So I gave them a mormon.org card and showed them how to find it on their phone. Then... fast forward... on Wednesday we went tracting and this sweet Asian man answers the door and lets us in... then I see his wife and she starts talking to him ( in Chinese) and he says... we met you on a train. It was the same family!!!!! They have a daughter who is seven and we are meeting with them this week! The Lord is SO mindful of all of His children. I love them already:) The only trial now is figuring out how to learn Chinese in two days( shouldn't be that hard;) but I really think that we need to find a way to skype with a member or something... zobaczymy.
Warsaw!  I love this city!!
This week we had a lesson flake. So we followed up with a back up plan to visit a less-active. I love her SO much and when we got to her house she had been crying pretty hard. We said a prayer and started to talk with her. Her father was in the hospital and was dying. We tried to comfort her and during our lesson she got the call that he had passed away. IT broke my heart. She is such a wonderful daughter of Heavenly Father and she kept saying that she was so grateful she wasn't alone, so I KNOW that the Lord answers our prayers and watches over us. She then went on to share a very painful childhood story, and I know that this moment was actually for me to learn something extraordinary. The atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ covers and heals and saves and comforts and builds us in every stage of life. I know this to be true. At different times in my life and in my mission especially I have felt that when people share these deep and painful stories I have felt so down and sad for them. At this moment I was able to feel for her, but have perfect clarity that if she turns to the Savior of mankind, it literally can be as though it never happened, or better yet, it can build her and make her into someone He can use and bless. This is the glory of the Atonement. It enables and ennobles us in our trial and weakness. It takes a person who has suffered and endured much pain from mistakes and other things and ennobles them to feel deeper. love stronger and serve better than they could otherwise. I remember learning this lesson slightly during the time of Braxton's death. I know that the Lord ennobled us all the reach higher heights and appreciate it more because we knew lower depths. I am eternally, eternally grateful for the sacrifice of my Savior. I am growing my faith in Him, and though it's not a perfect knowledge it is planted and rooting in fertile ground. I am forever grateful for my mission, which has softened my heart and deepened my understanding. Eternity will be lovely, no wonder the angels praise His name. They are so grateful to HIm and His sacrifice.
I know that is a very personal testimony, but it is for the sharing:)
I am ever more aware that I may not have a ton of time left in Warsaw, so I'm trying to work hard and love the culture of the big city:) I sure do love it here. The people in our branch are so wonderful and I can't wait to see the growth that is coming in Poland. The Lord is hastening the work, and He's hastening the growth of the workers:)
Now for some funny moments...
Sister Poklinkowska and I have had some funny polish moments this week.
1. I have been saying for My WHOLE MISSION that we need to plant seeds of faith in what.?.. GRAVES. Yep. I was contacting this lady and I used this same sentence and she started laughing, I was caught off guard and she told me that I was trying to say that we plant them in the ground and help them grow but instead I had been saying that we plant them in graves. Yep.  We had a good laugh! Keepin me humble:)
2. Sister Poklikowska and I were talking with this less active and telling her about how she is in control of her life. She gave a Polish idiom example in Polish and I didn't fully understand it... something like I cast my own fate... anyways. later that day sister P. was like... " I love how she said that, we are lumberjacks in our own forest..." And I had no idea what she was getting at, so she explained that that is what she thought this lady said. Hilarious!
There are always many more, but I loved this one:)
I love you all so much! Thanks for sending me a package! I can't Wait!
We read a lot of family history this week and I"m so grateful for the family I have!
Do usłyszenia!
Siostra Ali Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment