Monday, January 13, 2014

Am I serving in Poland...or is this Jamaica?

Saying goodbye to Sister Moncur!  I Love her!!
Hopefully someday I will be a good cook!


Awkward Day with the Elders


porcupine guy walking down the street...odd:)


Olo!
Alright... maybe not to that extreme, but It has been so warm here lately. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO grateful! It just barely started to get a bit chilly lately, and I can't believe it. I know it's because you have been taking the hit for me in the states:) Thanks!
I miss you all! I love you so much, and I can't believe that you are so wonderful. On my mission I've learned to much about my family, about how blessed and lucky and grateful I am for a wonderful family who has so much love and direction. How could I be so blessed? I don't know, but I love that I can share that joy with others!
So the week started off with me saying goodbye to Sister moncur. I love her and I love sister barth so I know they'll get along great! Now I have Sister Owen! I love her! She came in and we've been working hard and seeing so many miracles. She and I are very alike and have similar goals this transfer, so we're excited to get to see how prayer and faith can build up Kielce! She is from Seattle and went to BYUI. She is 19, and is a great missionary! Elder Retallick went up to Bydgoszcz with Elder Swicegood! Elder Raines is staying in Kielce and training, so he has to deal with me another transfer. poor guy:)
I love to hear about you and your primary teaching mom! Those children will be so much better off thanks to you. How blessed are they. I love to hear about you and dad spending some great time together, Sister Owen and I have been talking about families lately and we are so greateful we have such wonderful examples. There are always opportunities to share the gospel, even to share happiness and love. It's so important as we have so much to give.
This week we saw a lot of miracles, and have one more wonderful investigator! Her name is Stanislawa and she's probably in her 60's. Most of the older Polish women here kind of hate us... so I was a bit nervous at first, but realized that she is SO prepared. I can't wait to tell you how she progresses. Karina is doing well, we are trying to think out of the box and recieve revelation for how to help Przemek. I know the Lord loves him too...  He will come around, As a branch we are all searching for ways to touch them! It will work out.
I still love Kielce, and we are just enjoying life here, Sister Owen and I have decided that we want to look for ways that we try to please others, and change them. We want this transfer to be for the Lord. If it's not for Him, it doesn't mean anything. I have learned alot lately about being grateful for weaknesses, and seeing them in a diferent light. No one is perfect, and that is good, because we never get bored! And anyone who knows me knows I don't like to be bored:) I think that's how I've always been.
I read the talk " His Grace is Sufficient". It changed me outlook on a lot of things. I realize that in my life I am not living right to try and pay back my weaknesses. Nope. I am doing right to come closer to my Savior. To be more like Him, that I may love Him so much that I would do anything to be with Him. To show Him my gratititude. That sure does change things. When that is our purpose, then everything falls into place. I've decided that I am me for a reason! I have something special to bring to Kielce, Poland and the World, and I need to use that and love it! What a great week, Sister Owen and I are so happy and I'm so grateful for all of my MANY blessings.
I love you all so much!
Love, Sister Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment