Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!! Turkey Turkey!!

November 26th, 2013

  • Happy Thanksgiving! Turkey Turkey:)‏


Hello hello!!! Everyone brace yourselves for the miracle of my life...
Karina and Przemek and one of his friends and their whole family came to church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously almost had a heart attack. I was so filled with joy I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so instead I just went into the bathroom and had a little talk with my Heavenly Father. I have been so blessed to learn this transfer that so much is accomplished by prayers and faith. We had a lovely lesson with Karina this week and I cried when I told her that I know that I was blessed to come into a family who had the fullness of the gospel. I love you all so much, I am so blessed!
Okay mom, I will give you a little update of my life:)
I get up and study with Sister Moncur, we usually go running around Kielce in the mornings, and I love it:) Then we study, and I've just changed my ideas( thank you Sister Blake) so that now we try and make our comp studies into a more spiritual study experience instead of a long talk about the outlines of every lesson and exactly what scripture we will share when. It has really helped me keep the Spirit with me! I LOVE my Savior! Then we usually have some crazy schedule of meetings all over Kielce and we try and talk to everyone the Spirit says on the way. ( literally I think we contact at least 50 people a day..yep!) Then we usually either go home and eat lunch i.e. pasta or rice or veggies or a salad. or we get a roll and cottage cheese at the local market. Then we have more meetings and we usually work until about 8:00 p.m. and then go inside for dinner. It's wierd to eat so late, but we feel safer being in earlier, and it gets pretty dark here at about four o clock! what? Good thing I have some sunshine in my seoul every day ( cara:) Then we laugh and listen to music and write in our journals and plan for the evening and then get ready for bed! And then I sleep, like a rock:) We make these detailed plans daily, but they always seem to get pretty crazy! We spend some time with Włodzimierz often because he is so kind to help us get better at our polish! I am so grateful for that!!! He does a lot for us.
Well yep. I haven't made anything to crazy to eat yet, except we made cookies the other day, I haven't had those in forever! We don't really have a ton of time to spend on finding and making crazy recipes. NOt to mention that I haven't got any idea what the recipe actually says!!!!!
Anyways. Sister Moncur is amazing, she is just a little tought cookie. She works hard and isn't afraid, and I love her. I want to love her more and serve her more, so that she can feel at home here in Poland, because I remember wanting that so much my first transfer. I was so lucky to have my lovely Sister Allen to help!
Well, they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Poland, because that's just an american thing, but they do start to get some decorations put up for CHristmas!!! I can't wait for all of that. But this week we ate dinner with a huge group of ewangelikal churches. We had stuffing and some pumpking pie and it was soooo delicious and we were all speaking english and I loved it so much. It felt very homey, I know they have so much truth, and we just want to add to it! That's what's so great about the gospel, it helps us add onto the truths people already have!
I love being a missionary, I love you all so much,and I can't wait to report on the miracles of the week of THanksgiving! I pray for you all every single night. I pray that my dad can know how much of a powerful influence for good he has made in my life, and my mum to know what love and service and selflessness she has taught me!
I love Poland:) Have a great week my lovelies!
Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment