Monday, August 18, 2014

Everything We Hoped You'd Be:)

August 18th, 2014

Hello My Lovelies!
I always loved how aunt Cathy would refer to us as her lovies or lovelies:) I think it's funny because Polish people use that sometimes as well.
Rain Storm from the 18th Century
This was a wonderful week filled with a lot of love and fun! Sister Blake and Pokli and I had a lot of fun and filled our lives with testimony and love and laughter! It was the best:) We started off the week providing FHE! That was hilarious as we tried to make some dinner for everyone but we only had some flour and a few other things... time to get creative. It was really hilarious as we made some biscuits and gravy and they all worked out! Hooray! We also decided to really take this week calmly so that we didn't freak out... well the first test was on Monday. We were at this restaurant eating outside and suddenly it started POURING! Polish storms are crazy, they sneak up. It's 100degrees and sunny and suddenly you're soaked. So we decided to have fun and go play in the rain! Happy P-Day:) It was a blast.
Eating at my favorite place...Purple Turban
We also took culture night this week. We get one day a transfer where at night we can go and experience the culture. I appreciate that so much! We went to Copernicus Museum and it was filled with cool science experiments. I was so grateful as I was struck at the beauty and wonder of all the things that Heavenly Father has given us as people. I felt like Moses..." Now I know that man is nothing, which thing I never had supposed". I also have felt that way. All the wonderful conveniences we enjoy come to us because of our Loving Heavenly Father and His willingness to enlighten our minds.
I've also really thought about how much the restoration makes sense and is shown in how history has worked. There wasn't a huge surge in understanding or in new inventions until after the dark ages. As the Holy Ghost really influenced people from all over the world, which enabled them to recognize the wrong traditions of their fathers. They gained a desire to seek God by study and also by faith. So eventually that lead to the restoration! It's a pretty big miracle, and I want to study more about it:)
Sister Elaine Dalton conference
This week we had many miracles, I think my biggest miracle was being able to serve my companions as we all prepared for big changes. Next transfer I will be staying in Warsaw! I am having a really big miracle as I'll be with Sis. Pokli for 3 weeks and... Sister Moncur! We'll be back together again. Then in a few weeks I will be training:) The sister I'm training has to take care of some legal work in America and then she'll be here! Her name is Sis. Smith:) So that's pretty exciting. I have faith and confidence that the Lord qualifies who He calls. I am nervous and also excited and love the faith that trainee's always have!
It is crazy that this is my last transfer. I was really grateful for a HUG
E surprise we had this week as we were sitting in church and in walks Sis. Dalton and her husband!!! I have admired and loved her and her willingness to follow revelation and call women to return to virtue! She told us in her talk that we were the result of that revelation. And that we had become all that they had hoped that we would be. I felt the powers of heaven give me that message. That as a missionary I have been becoming what I am meant to be:) That is a miracle! She is so inspiring and I loved talking with her and I was even able to sing with the Warsaw sisters a song for her! She and her husband are wonderful examples.
Super Cool View that helped me feel Heavenly Fathers Love!
Then I had to say goodbye to Sis. Blake. Ouch! It has been really hard since she is one of my best friends and we've been through alot together. She has taught me so much about alot of things and we will definitely be friends forever;) But seriously:) This morning I woke up and Sis. P and I felt pretty lonely but we're spending time with other missionaries today so all will be well.
Another miracle from this week was that I was able to really open up my heart to this woman on the street. After we said goodbye to Sis. Blake I decided to try out living a more Christ-like way and instead of wallowing in self-pity;) We talked to this wonderful woman on the street. Her name was Ania. She was in a rush but I was able to testify with all the fervor of my soul that she is God's precious daughter and that she is known by Him. We talked with her about prayer and I was grateful that I can communicate with my Heavenly Father and receive answers and promptings. I am recognizing those opportunities and searching for them. I am also learning to serve others in the their good times as well as bad. It is meant to be that way:)
The Rynek at night with fire dancers!
I know that the mission age change was inspired of God. There are prepared people for these prepared missionaries! Sis. Dalton talked about making sure that we don't let satan win. We already fought this fight, and what did we fight it with? Our Testimonies. I am certain that we all had strong testimonies of the Savior and can continue on in them in this life:) We are truly children of God with divine potential!
I love you all. I would love it if this week you could all review the Strength of Youth pamphlets! I know they are inspired to prepare us to make and keep sacred covenants.
The Church is True! I Love you!
Also... if there are any older couples looking to go on missions. Our mission is in real need of senior couples! The members love them and the missionaries do as well, some of ours have gotten sick and had to go home:)
Love,
Siostra Hemming


No comments:

Post a Comment