Monday, July 21, 2014

Happy Pioneer Day!

 July 21st, 2014
My Birthday Cake!!!

Poland is lovely! The flowers are bright and blooming, the sunsets are gorgeous, and the Saints are strong. I love these missionaries and these members. They have changed my life, and I hope I'll be as faithful a servant as them. Sister Blake and I spend many days just laughing and enjoying the blessing we have of being here as missionaries.
Speaking of which, she goes home in a month! It is kind of freaking me out. to be honest I have completely not thought a lot about coming home. It still seems so far away to me and I'm trying to be focused on the here and now. I do think I need to start thinking about goals that I can make for when I get home, so that I can continue onward as a faithful servant of the Lord! A missionary forever:) I want to do it in my own way. That is one thing I have learned this week, I am me:) I need to do what the Lord wants but using my own talents! This week we were able to do some cool finding activities!!! We stood on the street in Old Town and sang for two hours. Myself and Elder Brown sang while Sis. Blake and another elder contacted. I felt the Spirit testify to me that I am a servant of the Lord. People were stopping all up and down the street as I was able to sing out my testimony! I'll tell more of that in another e-mail.  So Sis. Blake and I go running every day and seek for people to talk to along the way. It's actually helped us find some cool people and also enjoy Warsaw. 
I love and miss my cute family! Seeing water and people in swimsuits and life jackets was weird! I feel that Heavenly Father has blessed me to not feel homesick even at this time, but I still remember and love and miss you!
This weekend we have a lady who will get baptized! Her name is Barbara and she is a wonderful woman who we met a month ago. She was a former and she is so prepared and filled with love! I am grateful for her example and I think that she will be a kingdom builder! This week she has still stayed away from smoking and is doing so well! I am grateful to be a servant of the Lord, and see His hand in people's lives every day.
Please know that I am well and I love you all so! I am reading the scriptures and saying my prayers and I am seeking revelation. It is blessing my life and keeping me enjoying what I am doing and who I am!
I am glad you had fun at Bear Lake! What a fun time and I sure love my cute grandparents.I remember being afraid to go out and go tubing! It was terrifying:) I am glad that the family tradition of skiing has continued on, I want to become a pro skier too!
Polish comic books given to her for her birthday!
I know that the Lord has watched over me and my family since the time of the Pioneers! I am grateful for their example of endurance and faith and positivity. They've helped me on my mission many many times and I know that help will be sent me in my times of need for the rest of my life!
I love you mom and dad:)
Love Love Love, Ali
She's packed them away and will read them when she returns home!

No comments:

Post a Comment