Monday, July 28, 2014

Barb's Baptized!!

July 28th, 2014 
Barb's Baptism!!!! So much Joy!
Okay Family... so first off,,,, I'm fine! Life is good and the church is true:) I am feeling so good this week and Heavenly Father answered my prayers and has blessed me in so many ways! The Atonement and it's enabling power is real.
Second off, I spent some time e-mailing my favorite sister so this one could be short:)We'll see...
Barbara got baptized!!! Let me tell you about her. She is a crack up! She is in her 60's but is a fire cracker! She was found by Sis. Sheahan 2 years ago but dropped off the planet until about a month ago when we found her contacting for baptism! She is lovely and everything this branch needs, kind, hilarious, fun and filled with testimony! She read the book of Mormon every day even for two years while she wasn't meeting with the missionaries! Every seed we plant is certainly accounted for by the Lord.
Sister Hemming, Barbara, and Sister Blake!!
At her baptism Sister Call( a missionary from Wrocław) were able to sing as sisters in zion and it was lovely! I love being a missionary! I've attached some pictures of the party afterward! She made and brought her own cake, the members( and missionaries) loved that.When she came up out of the water, cleansed of her sins, she was BEAMING! Oh it was lovely.
Barb, Theresa and Sister Hemming
I think my favorite part of that would definitely have to be the confirmation though. The blessing she was given was directed specifically to her! Especially because the man giving her the blessing didn't know her at all! The church is true. I was especially touched because I've had some special experiences lately where the Holy Ghost has testified to me that I am a daughter of God and has reminded me of the power of a testimony, so I know what she's receiving. What a marvelous gift, constant reminders of the reality of the plan of Salvation and all things associated with it! All in all a lovely week! We also had zone conference which always builds my testimony! It is wonderful to remember the great things about member missionary work! I can't wait to make some goals to be a member missionary. A disciple of Christ!
Well, as for fun and funny moments I have these...
Cinnamon rolls!! 
Made some cinnamon rolls, they worked out well until I forgot they were cooking:) Yay!!! hahaha life with me never gets old:)
We went to a member's baby shower. The whole thing was so sweetly organized by another member, but it was pretty crazy because I haven't been to a "party" for a long time and I was TOTaLLY awkward... especially in Polish:) Oh dear:)
 
Baby Shower:)
I am loving my mission. It is hot like Hades here in Poland! But I am grateful because I'm feeling pretty used to it, so that;s a blessing. I haven't tried to much new food lately, I'm pretty addicted to eating rasberries:)
A lovely statue of the Savior
I read today Ether 2 and 3. I really prayed to understand it and I did!!! It means to me a lot because I see that the Lord loves who He chastens, and we have to live among the waves, but if we come to Him in prayer and deep desires He will make of our lives lights that shine in the darkness of this world. I have really gained a testimony of that on my mission.
I love the Scriptures and I'm adoring Isaiah right now! He was truly inspired, and I love to read it!
The church is True!!!
Love, Siostra Hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment