Monday, October 21, 2013

The Power of Thoughts

The Power of Thoughts (October 21st 2013)

My Darling Family!
Wow, what a week:) Well, for starters I got a little bit sick on Monday... probably from the galereta;) But all is well now and I am grateful to be back working and giving my all. It is getting a little bit colder here, but we have been blessed because I've only had to wear my big coat one day. We will have a lot of lessons and are striving to find some new investigators. Kielce is blooming!!!
I have learned alot this week about the power of thoughts.The Prophet Joseph Smith said that he would treasure up in his mind continually the words of life. Then he was prepared to deliver sermons filled with revelatory power. I have made that my goal this week and will be striving to give every conscious thought to the work of the Lord. Unfortunately the opposite is also true. Satan will try and get our thoughts to be focused on things that have no real value to us, and can even be harmful. I love the scripture that focuses on thoughts, words and deeds. They all make a huge difference!
I am going to Auschwitz today, which is a three hour drive. I'm so sorry this is short and I can't write anyone else back, but I have wanted to go for a long time. Our good friend Włodzimierz is taking us in his car, and President okayed it and I am so excited. I know that's probably not an appropriate response to this, but I have studied alot about it, and am prepared to see a piece of history that I hope will NEVER be repeated.
We have seen miracles this week in Kielce, I will share one with you really quickly. Last week as Sister Barth and I were walking to the Library , our investiagtor Virginia was sitting at her booth( her family own a booth at a bazaar). We went up to say cześć and suddenly we felt inclined to stop and pay closer attention. ( sometimes my excitement gets the best of me... quiet dignity sister hemming... quiet dignity:) but she was sitting at her booth, with the Book of Mormon( in bulgarian) sitting on her lap. She had her hands clasped and was fervently praying. Wow. what an absolutely beautiful experience. I was so grateful to the Lord for having blessed me with the opportunity to see that wonderful moment. It will forever be a highlight of my mission.
We had a beautiful week and loved the changing of the leaves. Please pray for Virginia that she will see the importance of one true church on the earth, and that Karina can talk with her husband. She is such a wonderful woman, and just recently invited us to the baptism of her children... in the catholic church. That actually meant a lot to us, because we see her trusting and loving us just as we love her with all our hearts. It will be a great opportunity to meet her husband.
I testify that I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. That God has restored His church on the earth, and that it was restored through a living prophet. We learn that the only way to come to God someday is through the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that is true. I'm still figuring out the Atonement for myself, but I know that is has more power than we realize. The pain of guilt can be completely overcome with the beauty of His love. Joseph Smith also said that man my come closer to Christ by the teachings of the Book of Mormon than any other book. That means that this church is essential to all men. I LOVE that I can share such a powerful message with the people in Kielce.
Mom, thank you soooo much! I know it can't be easy for you to find time each week to write me, but they mean the world to me. I see your personal growth as well as the families and I am built by your testimony. I feel the same way as you do... I want to just have more opportunities to serve , when I get home I want my life to forever be in service to the Lord. I am so grateful for having learned to put Him first.
I love you all so much! So much love from Kielce!
Siostra hemming

No comments:

Post a Comment