Sunday, July 14, 2013

Dzień Dobry!
I'm glad everything is going well at home! I love hearing all the great stories about the weeks of everyone, Thanks everyone for the lovely birthday e-mails! Mom, it's fine that you couldn't send me a package, I wouldn't get it for a while and you just barely sent me an amazing one! No biggie:) hearing from everyone aobut their fourth experiences was awesome! Our country is great... Polish people don't really love that America is the promised land in the scriptures... interesting:) I've learned so much more why missions are necessary... it's an expęrience you can never get anywhere else. Consecrated time to the Lord, awesome!
 
Okay, so this week was amazing:) I love being a missionary. I have the best companions ever and we enjoy every minute of our time serving the Lord. Our new mission president got in the last week, and he and his wife are settling in wonderfully. They are so amazing and are so dedicated to the work, it's great! They have gotten right down to business! That's how things work in Poland, mmm hmm!
 
So I started off the week going to the Rynek, every town in Poland has one... they are these beautiful old town squares... the elders in our district have the Rynek in their area, so I've never seen it... but it was goregous! So fun, I'm beginning to realized just how lucky I am to be in Poland.  
I can't believe how much I've learned about my relationship with my Savior this week. Everything I do relies on Him, and if I can't give it all to Him, it just causes me stress, so that is my goal, to learn to be okay if things don't always go my way, because the Savior's way is so much better! We try and contact everyone that we can, because we need to:) We taught a lot of people this week! Awesome:) So many amazing experiences, I will share a couple...
This Tuesday we were going to visit a less-active sister, we went to her home and this guy answered the door, he invited us in and we shared our message with him. We started out by asking him his beliefs, he is Catholic( many are:) we told him of the first vision, of the Savior, and of Heavenly Father's plan a little. We taught him about prophets... oh how I love President Monson! There is a pattern here among the Catholic people that we talk with... they always say they firmly believe that they are Catholic, when we tell them about prophets they agree, they agree that prayer is important, but they dont' realize that they don't believe in prophets... and often when we ask them if they can end a lesson in prayer they don't know how to do it, super interesting. They believe that God doesn't really listen to their prayers, so they pray to Mary or some other Saints. It is very interesting, and sad... but That is why missionaries are so needed here. I watch how people's faces light up as we talk with them, how the light of Christ is sparked. It is really an amazing experience! Anyway... this young man said that he wanted to know more, because he had questions about our church, but that he didn't think that he was allowed to keep talking to the missionaries, that was sad, but in the end he took a book of Mormon, because he knew it had something he needed! yes!
I know that we needed to meet him right then, because he needed this beautiful message! We meet such interesting people every day, each one has their own personality and their own beliefs, it's crazy! All I can do is pray in my heart that I will know what to share, and even though my Polish is far from perfect, I know that I am so blessed by my Father in Heaven, and it hasn't been stressing me out! I'm so grateful!
We teach english every week, so that was wierd... speaking in English:) On the fourth Sister Young and I had a loner day... since Sister Allen went to Warsaw! We contacted and went to visit a less active family, they are so cute!!! They live in a beautiful part of Krakow. It was amazing to see. I talked with a sweet little girl who was four and told her about my little Talia, I always try and bring my family into conversations because they are so dear to my heart. I tell them of how the gospel has blessed my family with happiness and direction, it is such a blessing to know about this church! yes! Anyways, we went with the Elders to lunch at the local burger joint;) There really is a burger place here, and they are decorated like America and have country music playing... that was wierd:)
 
I know that the angels of God really are there to bear us up:) The mission field is such a place of miracles! I read the talk this week from President Eyring, that Christ wants us to come to Him. It is amazing, and it touched me so much! I know that my family will be watched over by my Savior, and He will draw them close as I spend my time and my efforts and my thoughts on His children here in Krakow!
 
We have some great elders and amazing sisters! This week in our ward another family came from another branch in Kielce, it was amazing to see all of the families! It needs to be like that all over the world! Right now in our branch, we have the five missionaries... Two men who come on a regular basis, and a family from the U.S. with a cute little girl and boy and one on the way:) There are more who come on ocassion, but we are trying to help build the branch. I have grown to love the Polish people so much more, super! We got to have one of our investigators, Martha come to church with us! She has been being taught for a while by the sisters, and she finally just came to church! yes! Heavenly Father blesses us every day! Pray for Martha.. and Ola, we love her,but she's struggling to keep her commitments.
We taught this lady named Justyna... almost everyone in Poland has the same name... wierd:) So we always have to write down descriptions... because they celebrate birthdays on name day instead, Oh Poland! hahahahah! Anyway, I was talking to her and I could see that she was sad, so I just told her that she is a daughter of God, and that He really does love and watch over her. I felt His love so strong, it was amazing! We talk of how much we love this gospel all of the time, so lucky I am!
 
There has been beautiful weather this week! We have been blessed with it being kind of cool, which is super nice! We made friends with our security guards... awesome, I've started contacting by myself... gift of tongues! I was blessed to learn so much about Faith this week. It is a real power, not just a belief but an action based on a belief. And that action leads to more faith, we are learning alot about this here in Krakow! I have the strongest Trainer ever, and we laugh all day long! I've been blessed with happiness and joy and safety and testimony! I am so grateful:)
 
I love you all with all of my soul! I am loving being in the Lord's service. He is blessing me in every way possible, while still helping me grow. Be member missionaries! It's so important!
May the Lord bless you,
She found her knight in shining armour!

Sister Hemming

Making some crepes!

Ali's Companions

Random goat thing



Town Center

Deer wearing a crown?

A space ship!

1 comment:

  1. Love keeping up with cute Ali and all she is doing and experiencing! She is a blessing to everyone who is lucky enough to come in contact with her!

    ReplyDelete