Friday, May 17, 2013

Week 3!

I have been so blessed this week with a million different blessings!!! I will start off with the amazing experiences that I had on Sunday
Obviously Sunday was supposed to be a rough day:) Mother's Day was such a wonderful day... and I love the Spirit that is here on Sundays, on ever day, but especially sundays! I love you so much mom! We sisters are allowed to watch The Spoken Word, and they sang some beautiful songs and watched amovie about Mothers, it made me sad at first, but then I was just grateful to have such a wonderful matka! Dobrze:) I also was very excited to be a mother someday:) Anyways, that was wonderful. Then we had an AMAZING experience...
Janice Kapp Perry came and spoke to us for Relief Society... hello! dream relief society! hahahah:) She finished an amazing talk with sharing that she had written a new verse to As sisters in Zion, and titled it the sisters of Zion, and planned to have it sung with the MTC women.  I will just give you a little piece of what I wrote in my journal... " I felt the Spirit like never before as I sang Janice Kapp Perry's "The sisters of Zion " with the other sisters in the MTC. I felt on fire. It was beautiful and peaceful and just so strengthening. I love my Savior, and I love my Heavenly Father. He is my Father, and He loves His children." One part of the song states, "The angels of Heaven are walking beside us". I know that is true. I was so grateful for that!
There is power here, and so much joy! And some fun too:) AS always, my Kolezanka is hillarious! WE enjoy our time and try and make moments light, when appropriate! I have been making huge leaps in the language and although I still have no idea, I am starting to just be able to speak some simple sentences. It is so nice. Definitely another blessing.
My teacher, Brot Tribe said that we need to look at the language as a tool to testify of the love of CHrist. Our purpose is to INVITE  others to come unto Christ. I know this is true! I love that as my purpose. 
On Tuesday, We were sitting at DEvotional, and everyone stands up and is silent, which is a miracle because there are so many of us! and in walks Elder Russel M. Nelson ! wow:) He was so kind and told me exactly what I was needing to hear this week. I was wanting to know how to be better at coming unto Christ. He told us to learn of Christ, and he gave me an excellent idea I am working on giving my whole life over to CHrist. My dreams, desires, fears, and thoughts. I am praying that I can have His charity and that I may be His servant. To lift up the lives of those lovely Polish people.
I found this amazing scripture again, Acts 18:9,10, and 11. I have been searching for it for forever! It reminded me that Christ has people in Poland that I am meant to find, and that some of those people are praying for light and direction. It's pretty cool because the Lord speak to Paul in a dream and tell him these things, and then it goes on to say that Paul stayed in Corinth for one year and six months. so you can imagine how that stuck out to me.
Funny moments from this week...
I told our investigator that he was evil for not praying... whoops.
My companion and I were just joking and left a note in the scriptures that says roughly... " you swim in joy" in Polish. It was read by an investigator during alesson. He started laughing. it was pretty embarassing.
We tried to play volleyball as a district... let's just say we won't be joining the olympics anytime soon:)
My companion accidentaly told our teacher that she was trying to bridle her passions as she was sitting so close to him. it was hillarious!
An attack of scooby doo stickers happened on our classroom... we have them all over the desks, which makes me happy!
WE have an hour of time to do online work with our langauge, and I was loving it, looked around and everyone else was taking a nap... guess I missed the memo:)
THe food here is beginning to taste like cardboard:) But it is supr wonderful that there is a wrap bar and salads! they make mylife everyday!!! My companion is a hard core runner, so we work out every day, and she and I try and run two miles... and it's fun... and hard. It will be nice to be that way in the field though. The days can become monotonous, but there is so much to work on all of the time. I love my district they are all so amazing!!! I love being a sister training leader, it gives me a great opportunity to get to know all of the sisters better. I am so grateful to be here.
The CHurch is true. It really is. Also... grandma andgrandpa... I have lunch at 11:40 and dinner at 4:40. I usually get a wrap.. but I always sit clear back corner... if you walk into the cafeteria think choose the right... and endure to the end!
Love you all!

It's official!


Her District. (Her Companion is the tallest one)


Ali and her companion Sister Petherbridge


Ali and her companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment