Friday, June 7, 2013

2 AND A HALF WEEKS TIL DEPARTURE!

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad, and Happy birthday my darling little Talia! The longer I'm here and the more people I meet the more I realize how lucky I am to have such an amazing family. What a Blessing! Today I printed off 40 names for sealings and did them all in the temple! It was so amazing! I love Family History:)
Wow! This week has been a rollercoaster, but wonderful as always. I am loving all that I am blessed to learn, and I feel like what Aunt Julie said about Heavenly FAther having to break us down so that He can build us back up is exactly right. I know this is only the beginning of my humbling mission, but I appreciate it all.
We started off with an excellent weekend. Whenever I begin to feel tired I just think that it means I am working hard, and I'm proud in it! Our district is doing well and we are all trying to focus on the language, and more importantly our testimonies. Sunday was AMAZING!  I feel so empowered every day, and Sunday I was feeling frustrated, and we had a beautiful mission conference. The speaker talked about Christ, and how we need to reverence His name always. That He is Godly. I was praying for better understanding of my Savior, and it came to me so powerfully that day. A sister sang I believe in Christ, and it gave me the opportunity to reflect on my belief in Christ. I realized that I don't only believe in HIm, I love Him. That lead to further reflection on my relationship with my Heavenly FAther. I realized that I am literally a daughter of God. That He loves me personally and blesses me with so much! This quote touched me so much... " Of all the titles of respect, love and admiration administered to diety, He has asked that we call Him  Father" ~ Quorum of the 12. The people of Poland are His children, as are we all. Can't wait to share that!
I felt very humbled this week. I think sometimes I get ahead of myself and think I'm doing well and probably become a little prideful, and then I have moments where I see that "as to my own strenghth I am weak", I need to give my all to my Savior, because I can't do anything without Him. I Love Him. I was scanning a Polish grammar book trying to learn a little more about Celownik, and I realized that I have sooooo much to learn still. I am grateful for this because I have to depend on the Spirit in lessons and speaking and that is the only way I can be effective.
We had an excellent class yesterday! We talked about setting goals for our missions, and I had already made some, but I reevaluated them and decided that I needed to make some changes. I made some daily goals and some long term. I can't wait to get contacting! I decided a long time ago that I would not let the Polish missionary stereotype get me down! As far as I'm concerned, no matter how many times I am rejected I still will believe that everyone I talk to could accept the message of the gospel.
sooo...
On another note, I leave in a little over two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!! Szalony!!!!!!! we speak our language every day, but I still make some major mistakes, czyli... during contacting I told an elder... "Very nice to meet you Madame"... that would be very awkward in Poland:) Overall though, I think it's great!  So... Mom, thank you so much for keeping me updated and showing me so much care! It means so much:)
I hope this is a great day for everyone! TAlia may be recieving a little something today... so watch for it!
 
I love my family:) The pictures in Hawaii are amazing! Adorable! And talia is an angel in her pics. I need some of Livi! Hawaii is awesome, I am enjoying being here. We actually get a lot of time to be outside and a lot of gym time, which is nice. Personal Study Time and gym time make my life! Everything is so magnified here, my abilities are so much stronger through the Lord. I'm so lucky to be a missionary!
 
Dear Elders are amazing, so thank you! Please tell Sister Liston( or if she reads this) that I am so grateful for her package! Cinnamon rolls are like water in a desert here and my district loved them:) So kind! Sister Bassett, you are an angel! I cried when i saw the pictures of Cara and I! and all of our missionaries, and Lorna Doon! amazing:) Mom, your package last week was like Christmas.:) Thank you for the Family History, I finished it so... if you feel like sending more that would be awesome. I saw Mikayla, I think Elder Fotu has seen her a million times but she lives in my building and I have been trying to find her more. She seems to be doing so well and has some adorable sisters in her district, I'm so proud of her!
 
I Love the MTC, I am so grateful for every moment. I love knowing that none of my time is my own. I have been set apart as God's missionary and I am working on using each minute to further the work. Each day I am trying to wake up and go "Yes! Heavenly Father I'm ready to go:) What do I need to do today!"
I love being a missionary. NO place better.
 
Love you all!
~Siostra Hemming
 
~ Mom:) Thank you so much ! I've been thinking of things and I think I've got a little list... More Proactive for Poland, It is pretty much necessary:) ... more socks for flat shoes, like six pairs... I need to know how much money is still on my card because I will need to pay to check my bags... I would love some printed off pictures of our family, so I can tape them on my wall... Great lash mascara in Black... that should probably be good! I will keep thinking though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment